Star Wars Mod, Need Coders, To Code in the units, and Voice actors.

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by thanekrois, November 24, 2015.

1. avatar100400

You just contradicted yourself like how silly can you be?
    Is this to get your post count up, haha.
  2. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

how am i contradicting myself, i'm use offering myself as a helping hand if they need an extra hand. modding looks fun and they've offered an idea for a mod, i'm sorry is that so terrible? =P
  3. thanekrois

thanekrois New Member

O
    Yeah, fill out the application, and everything will be shared with you.
  4. thanekrois

thanekrois New Member

Again, if you're just here to be rude, leave, I don't want you on my mod page.
  5. thanekrois

thanekrois New Member

Fill out the application, and I will put you down as a Mod Development Team, meaning, you are official, but you don't have to work on non mods, and you can work when ever, thanks.
  6. thanekrois

thanekrois New Member

audio": { "loops": { "ORDERATTACK": { "Com": "/SE/Attack/Stormtrooper_Shoot_E11_loop", "flag": "attack_target_changed", "should_start_func": "has_attack_target", "should_stop_func": "no_Attack_target" }, "move": { "cue": "/SE/Movement/Stormtrooper /Stormtrooper _move_loop", "flag": "loca_changed", "should_start_func": "is_moving", "should_stop_func": "is_not_moving" } } },
  7. avatar100400

Show us a Model code proves nothing.
  8. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

asdasdasdasd.png
    ?
    proinegoproxy likes this.
  9. avatar100400

[​IMG]
    stuart98 likes this.
  10. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

To some extent I apologise for all the cynisicm, but you have to understand the following.

You have only been a member since November the 24th and out of nowhere you come along with this seemingly ambitious and massive project whilst claiming to have all the art done wile also claiming that you don't know how to code for pa.

All that you have presented us is with a drawing\concept piece and a very very small sample of random code that in the grand scheme of things is irrelevant and is shown to be broken according to json lint.

You refuse to share any real code and refuse to even give a screenshot of one of your many models.

Also you claim to have done mod work before "which you may have" but we have no links to any prior work and I cannot seem to find your studio name on google.

And what gets me most is that you claim to have a custom program that can overwrite pa sound files and effectively implement new sounds but refuse to share that either.

In the case that your work is legitimate then I apologise for all the doubt and cynicism I've thrown your way, but until you can give us some kind of evidence that your project is not effectively hot air then it is likely that I and the rest of the community here will remain cynical.

Please post some real evidence of your work before asking for us to give away our information, especially for a project this large and ambitious.In the case that your project ends up being real then I offer my condolences, wish you the best of luck with the project and also offer support modelling and general pa modding suggestion wise.
    Last edited: December 3, 2015
    stuart98 and killerkiwijuice like this.
  11. wondible

wondible Post Master General

In their defense, it's a fragment. The copy missed a quote, and you have to drop the comma and wrap in {} to make it valid standalone.
  12. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

That block of code is an audio cue array. I think it's supposed to be evidence of their sound modding. Vids or it didn't happen.
  13. thanekrois

thanekrois New Member

Vids will be released soon.
  14. Mirolog

Mirolog Well-Known Member

So what standalone games you have done?

Also, if you need any help with effects - I can help.
  15. thanekrois

thanekrois New Member

We're assisting the Hullbreach team, we are handling sound and models, they are working with GUI.
    You should check it out.
  16. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Sheesh some of you guys are being a bit over the top here, aye?

It'd be cool to see what you've done so far whenever you can get to it. Importing models and stuff gets easy once you've gotten used to it. There should be a thread explaining the process somewhere around here?

Coding new units is the simplest thing ever. Just copy a unit.json, rename it and give it it's own file path. Change the attributes and etc- then add it to the unitlist.json and the build menu js file.
    Gorbles likes this.
  17. thanekrois

thanekrois New Member

------------UPDATE-----------
    Alrighty, most of you probably thought the project was dead, due to the lack of posts, but it isn't! Anywho, we have been working through the massive amounts of criticism, and we decided to take a break from updates and work in the dark. And here we are, releasing some not yet implemmented models, The Tie Fighter For Air, Tie Fighter for orbit, and a AT-ST for vehicle, unfortunately these models won't be added until BETA is released. Another issue we went through, was holidays and exams, meaning a few of us had to put the project on hold for a bit, but we are once again, full steam ahead.
    If you have any ideas, or questions, feel free to ask.
  18. thanekrois

thanekrois New Member

Models will be released later today..
  19. thanekrois

thanekrois New Member

Th
    an for the support, check out the update if you want, we do appreciate your support :)
  20. Mirolog

Mirolog Well-Known Member

stuart98 likes this.