[SERVER] Queller AI

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Quitch, November 5, 2014.

1. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Also I have seen when they have the planet for them self, they dont take all the mex on the planet, and they use Land enginners ,would be best imo too use air fabbers . Other than that your AI is alot better than the stock AI when it comes to eco.
    Quitch likes this.
  2. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I don't like switching to air fabbers for taking over a planet because that means a single Phoenix sweep takes out your entire expansion potential.

The hard-coded behaviour for finding and taking MEX isn't great IMO. You'll see the AI running a fabber back to base and sending another out to grab MEX. It also seems to find the nearest MEX from the distance to the main base not from the location of the fabber. This is usually the issue. it'll take the planet eventually, just far less efficiently than a player would. There are other issues too, like being unable to move spare fabbers between planets.

There are some things I might be able to do to make planet takeover better, and the AI will pump out more fabbers to try and improve take over speed. It's certainly better than it used to be.
    stuart98 likes this.
  3. Quitch

Version 3.1.1
    • Made some very minor performance optimisations
    • Silver now deploys the Catapult as a defensive measure rather than an offensive one
    • Silver will build the Catapult in response to orbital threats
    • Platinum and Uber only build the Wyrm if they control the skies but there's a lot of AA
    • Corrected a bug that could lead to Bronze and Silver stopping advanced air production
    • Storms will now be correctly included in invasion forces
    • Silver will use more Infernos and Vanguards
    • An enemy with an orbital only presence on a planet will no longer cause inappropriate changes to build orders and unit compositions
    • Fixed an error where Uber would only build the Stingray for AA where an orbital threat existed
    • Silver will use the Stingray even when there's no orbital threat
    • Gold will now correctly form platoons when it has enough Piranhas
    • Gold won't build Piranhas unless there's an enemy surface naval presence
    • Gold no longer produces more Piranhas for scouting than it can use
    • Gold will no longer inappropriately go orbital on naval maps
    • Fixed a bug for Gold, Platinum and Uber where T2 would never be achieved on an all naval multi planet system
    • Fixed some checks preventing a factory being the first building on a new world under certain circumstances
    FSN1977 and stuart98 like this.
  4. Quitch

Version 3.1.2

Hotfix 88163 introduces an issue where the AI cannot tell Dox and Sparks apart so will incorrectly group them.
    • Updated vanilla AI
    • Booms use the new Suicide squad type
    Last edited: September 21, 2015
  5. Quitch

Version 3.1.3

This is a future proofing release to allow multiple AI mods to work alongside each other.
    • Vanilla AI split off into its own mod
    • Added dependency on AI Mod Compatibility Patch
    wondible likes this.
  6. Quitch

7. Quitch

Version 3.1.4
    • Removed an unnecessary platoon templates file
    • Fixed all instances where Queller's platoons shared a name with vanilla platoons
  8. ordinarypi

ordinarypi Member

The Pi Update :D :D :D
    proeleert likes this.
  9. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

seems to be broken in last update. AI walks around in circles LoL :p
  10. Quitch

It's not.
  11. n3ur0o

n3ur0o New Member

really great work ! loving the battles against the queller ai´s :3
    *thumbs up*
    Quitch likes this.
  12. Quitch

Queller has just managed to edge past Dox4Lyf to become the second most downloaded server mod on PAMM*. Not that I've been checking :D

*Unless the Orbital Warfare Overhaul Mod returns, that's got 10K+ downloads, yikes!
  13. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Time to update hotbuild2 oh ah servermods, carry on :)
  14. Layarion

Layarion New Member

ok so i don't like installing mods without having a firm understanding of the vanilla files the mods changing...just in case the mod breaks something. because i wouldn't know if it did otherwise which seems to happen alot on PA actually.

anyway does this make the computer just "alittle harder" or would the AI be good for actual competition now?
  15. n3ur0o

n3ur0o New Member

find it out the easy way...... set up a ai match you against 4 uber ai´s, and try to survive :pPP
  16. Quitch

Mods don't change any vanilla files. What happens is that mods are stored in their own directory and when a mod is enabled it "shadows" certain files, meaning its copy of the file is used in place of the vanilla version. Disable the mod and vanilla behaviour is restored.

Based on testing I did pre-TITANS I found in 1v1 that Absurd (vanilla) was around top bronze (better than ~30% of the player base) and Queller's Uber was around top silver (better than ~80% of the player base). Now that's a really rough estimate, and it's going to depend on experience playing the AI, the map being used, the spawns, etc. In 1v1 it's a lot better than vanilla though. If you can beat Queller on ranked 1v1 maps though you'll do just fine on ladder.
    n3ur0o, cptconundrum and stuart98 like this.
  17. Quitch

Version 3.1.5
    • Fixed an issue that could cause only one Advanced Air Factory to build anything
    • Resolved issue with duplicate Drifter build block names
    Last edited: January 29, 2016
    devoh likes this.
  18. Quitch

The 4.0 release of Queller will be focused on providing full AI support for the Imperial Legion faction. I fully expect it to become a staple of the single-player scene. Maybe even the multiplayer one.
    devoh and stuart98 like this.
  19. Quitch

Version 3.1.6
    • Titans now properly excluded from teleporter platoons
    • Titans now properly excluded from general squads in hover platoons
    • Fixed bug where Uber would sometimes run placement checks using the T2 naval factory when trying to place a T2 air factory
    Last edited: January 29, 2016
    devoh likes this.
  20. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

@Quitch, this mod has come a long way since I last played it, months ago. The different AI personalities in particular is a great feature. I'll try and do a mod spotlight or something similar on it, once I've played with it a bit more. Particularly useful for 1v1s since I hear the ladder is not particularly active (unless you're an Uber player!).

Great work!