The sorian PA: TITANS AI thread

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by Quitch, August 24, 2015.

1. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

Anyone heard of anyone taking over the AI responsibilities for Sorian? I really hope the AI work is not done.
  2. chattyrazzy

chattyrazzy New Member

to quitch:

I did not have the time to really go through all the code, yet. But I beleive, you can only modify existing AI to some extent.

Do you have access to map data, moves of units, commands to units? Can you build your AI from ground up?
  3. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

You control build prioritisation and platoon composition. Orders to units are handled in the code e.g. once you assign a platoon the LandAttack task you are handing it over to the Platoon Manager to do its thing. You can tweak the AI's threat assessment through the personality, but only to the extent that you make it more aggressive or conservative.
  4. chattyrazzy

chattyrazzy New Member

Ok, so you can not command individual units in with current AI-personality tweaking.

Can you recode platoon manager? Is platoon manager somehow precompiled, so you can not make changes?

Is somewere some interface, which give data and events to AI and read AIs output? Can you access that interface with your program?

Thank you.
  5. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

1) Correct
    2) No, precompiled.
    3) No, not that I am aware of.

I highly recommend http://exodusesports.com/guides/building-your-own-planetary-annihilation-ai/ and looking at all the work @Quitch has done on the Queller AI to see what you can do.