Why do units have moment speed?

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by wpmarshall, November 9, 2015.

1. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Why do units have a given movement speed if you can just push them along?
    Bugs aside, this is arguably the worst thing in PA at present.
    Why are we able to push units along or backwards? It defeats the purpose of commanders and colonels being slow, it defeats the purpose of the manhatten being slow but durable. Honestly, why is this in the game?

*rages more*

But seriously though, rant aside, this is stupid and needs fixing.
  2. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

I kind of like the annoyingness of it because it means i can push my commander to someones base with booms =P Also you have to micro units around your commander when he's at a wall and being fired at.
    I mean we have pelicans/teleporters to speed things up right??? They speed things up....
    I think that little bit more of a hastle just makes things funnier =3
    And who doesn't love comm boxing at 3 minutes ;)
    n00n likes this.
  3. wpmarshall

Translated: "I like the bug because I can exploit it"

gg.

Pelicans, teleporters and astreaus are implemented as intended.

If the commander was intended to be fast he wouldn't be slow, if the manhatten was intended to be fast.... IT WOULDN'T BE SLOW.
  4. violetania

but everyone knows the exploit!!!!! i mean anyone who can build enough booms to push a manhatten to someone elses base would have the resources to build a teleporter, it's just a matter of booms being more fun and teles being more effort? =P In my opinion of course, i can't understand how infuriating it is to lose when your units push your commander in front of the walls =P
  5. wpmarshall

In alpha we had gentlemen's rules for a lot of things. People being happy with exploiting because they know anyone 'can' to me suggests poor sportsmanship.
    tatsujb, pieman2906, cdrkf and 2 others like this.
  6. cynischizm

cynischizm Active Member

Pushing would be acceptable if the object being pushed limited the movement speed of the object doing the pushing. The "whoops my comm is going the wrong direction because of my army" issue would still exist, but no matter how many booms you built you'd just end up with booms that moved at manhattan speed.
  7. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

8. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

[​IMG] indeed

[​IMG] .... UHHHHHH !!!!
    andrehsu and sigmud2 like this.
  9. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

10/10 would com push harder
    Remy561, MrTBSC, Alpha2546 and 2 others like this.
  10. elodea

elodea Post Master General

yea i dont know why they removed unit push class. Like they literally removed it as a physics property of units

Pushing commander with dox to the other guys base for very early commander rush, followed with boombots, is actually stupidly powerful.

Not sure if we will ever see it reintroduced.

Either way, i think the lesson uber learnt on this one was never to do surprise content ever again. Not only can you not control the PR, but you can't control for bugs, exploits, and balance that your community will almost definitely be able to find better than you.
  11. V4NT0M

V4NT0M Well-Known Member

Did Marshall get Manhattan/com pushed?

I think I agree mainly not because it's unbalanced or inherently wrong but what it leads to is complete cheese moves.
  12. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

And unintuitive. I won't try that the same way I didn't assist with bombers
  13. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Oh I wouldn't bother with that argument.... Apparently asking players not to exploit an obvious bug is totally unreasonable and being 'sportdmanlike' has no place in games...

I'm sure it was better than this when I started out online gaming *shakes walking stick angrily at these youngsters* :p
  14. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Apparently uber likes cheese.

[​IMG]
    ljfed, stuart98 and killerkiwijuice like this.
  15. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

Was it different in classic
  16. violetania

Oh come on! i didn't mean it like that!!!! The exploit is so obvious its not even an exploit. Like you can see it in any game you have a mixture army!!! >.< Please don't shoot me. I just like commboxing with booms ahahah >.<
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  17. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

All due respect, what you like or don't like has no bearing on this discussion. This is an exploit and should be labeled as such in competitive play until it is removed.

You also cannot assume that everyone knows the exploit. That's not even remotely fair.
    lordathon, tatsujb, MrTBSC and 3 others like this.
  18. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

But maybe people push com's etc because it's fun.
    In the end the game is meant to be fun?

If it needs to be fixed, not using won't help it be flagged as a issue but will leave it as a cheap dirty option for abuse.
  19. stylisticsagittarius

stylisticsagittarius Active Member

And what fix would that be?
    the only fix for this would be that units would move trough each other and that is gonna give a way less realistic point then this. Other might be to make units who get bumped receive damage, but then even less gameplay enjoyable...
    this can be labled as an exploit but then again, it's not THAT powerfull to be used offensive and when your commander is stuck within units then this would have been the same result in the most realstic way you can get.
  20. wpmarshall

I think @cynischizm had a good suggestion.