Is is possible to test the unit without another player?

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by huangth, November 3, 2015.

1. huangth

huangth Active Member

I can use sand box mode to create units very fast,
    but I can't transfer the units into the enemy units.
    I can only use them rather than fighting with them.
    Thus, I can't test how to kill them effectively.

Is is possible to test the unit without another player?
    Or I must find a friend for me to test units?
  2. tracert

tracert Member

In PAMM there's a server mod called Cheat - Allow Change Control by Uber and one for changing vision. You can use that to create units with one player then switch control to another player and attack the army you just built up.
    Last edited: November 3, 2015
    huangth likes this.
  3. n00n

n00n Active Member

Launching the game with the --devmode flag will also give you the controls mentioned in the previous post.
    tracert and huangth like this.
  4. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Can pm me for one of my accounts if you like. I won't be using them for a good while.
  5. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Sandbox mode controls the ability to change vision and control. The Uber mods are ignored by the server, but sometimes still used by the client for UI features.

Improved Player Control will turn on the player control panel when in sandbox mode, and also provide setable hotkeys for switching players.
    huangth, devoh and tracert like this.
  6. V4NT0M

V4NT0M Well-Known Member

I thought sandbox mode did this automatically, if it doesn't then it probably the sandbox toolbox mod. I have tickboxes in the top left that let me swap player vision and control.
  7. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

What about the puppetmaster mod? Or am I overthinking this :)
  8. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

Ohh this sounds like fun. I love to turtle on "Lock".. and the AI, even on Uber, seems to get very non-aggressive when you have certain defenses.. It would be "Uber cool" to be able to switch sides when I see that happen and see if the AI really did have a big enough army to squash me. Sometimes I don't think the AI takes into account "acceptable loses" of units. :) Did I mention I miss @Sorian ?
  9. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

You can start the pa client twice and play a local game vs yourself, just eats a lot of ram.
  10. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Be sure to start them like this if you run multiple PA clients:
    Code:
    ./PA --localstorageurl 1
    ./PA --localstorageurl 2
    The --localstorageurl parameter makes sure that the two running instances don't conflict with each other as otherwise they would be writing to the same config files. Then fill in different random names for the UberID in both clients and start a local server with one and join with the other one.
    huangth and cola_colin like this.
  11. wondible

wondible Post Master General

It does the minimal necessary to make the mode usable, the sandbox mods will make the UI better. Puppetmaster only works for specs and adds a delay to the unit pastes to line up with the special effects; you might actually like that, but I'm impatient ;^)
  12. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

You leaving us? Who's going to host and then miss all the clopsey tournaments then? :(
    stuart98 likes this.