Pelter not firing

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Aryzing, October 26, 2015.

1. Aryzing

Aryzing Member

Hi, in a recent game I tried a pelter creep on an enemy base, but after a while, when another enemy came to attack my pelters, only one would fire at the incoming enemy units. For some reason, the other pelters were "stuck" attacking another unit (a commander) that was no longer in range.

The game lobby ID is 920573041939795425. The incident occurs on minute 17:15, as the yellow army (enemy) starts entering my pelter range (light blue). Below is screenshot to help pinpoint the time and place of the event.

Thanks!
    pelters.jpg
  2. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

same happened to me today
  3. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Did you forced an attack command? If you do then it"ll always try to kill the unit even when its out of range. You can fix it up giving it a stop order and should attack something else again.
    Aryzing, stuart98 and tunsel11 like this.
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Yeah, unfortunately that happens with manual attack commands, and fortunately it has a fix by clearing their orders so they can start firing on their own again (or attacking another unit in range, so once it dies it becomes open for auto-targetting again), but perhaps the devs should look into properly clearing targets of artillery when they leave vision+radar coverage and go out into the dark or when they leave range altogether the pelters just discontinue their attack or the pelters can fire on other enemies while they wait to check for the other target to move back into range if the target isn't in range.
    Aryzing likes this.
  5. Aryzing

Aryzing Member

I agree, lets see if they fix this. Thanks to all for solution.