pole lock

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by amphok, October 24, 2015.

1. amphok

amphok Member

i don't know if it belongs here, but can we have an option, so when we scroll we not gets stuck on the nord every time? it's very annoying

there should be a way to prevent the rotation over the pole...
  2. ljfed

ljfed Active Member

There is a pole lock option in settings under camera. I'm not sure if it does what you want because I've never used it but there is definately and option for it =P
  3. amphok

amphok Member

no wait, it's not what i mean

if you enable the pole lock, and then you do a edge scroll with keyboard or mouse, the position will be stuck on the nord and i don't want this
  4. huangth

huangth Active Member

I like the pole lock which keeps the direction for player.
    But the pole lock has big disadvantage which behaves strangely in both pole.

There is my suggestion: increase the degree limit of pole lock from -90/+90 degree to +/-110 degree.
    Thus, the player can slightly over turn the planet to operate the camera more smoothly.

Other method is to change the camera mode as the regular mode if the camera is near the pole.
  5. amphok

amphok Member

i mean you can't do a 360° movements with the edge scroll if you enable it, because the scroll will be stopped at the nord, then you need to do a rotation to bypass it, i hope it's clear
  6. huangth

huangth Active Member

Left and right direction can move over 360 degree, they are fine.
    And the edge for 360 degree is not needed.

But the up and down can only move to the pole (+90 or -90 degree).
    I hope the Uber can improve these location.
  7. amphok

amphok Member

yeah exactly i was talking about the up and down, they are limited to 90 degree, it's very annoying
  8. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

The design goal of pole lock is that north is always upwards from the perspective of the screen.
    If you allow more than 90 degrees on the up/down movement you will get past the poles, which means you will see the north pole on the bottom of your screen. This is exactly what never should happen with pole lock.

Maybe you should try to play without pole lock, since you are now experienced enough to feel constrained by it.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  9. amphok

amphok Member

if i play without the pole lock, then the angle will be fucked every time, and i need to press n constantly

there must be a way we can remain on the same axis without being stuck after 90° movements

i know that the sytem then would be able to recognize it
  10. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

Forget about watching from the same angle, free your mind and you'll soon realize that you don't need to know what's up and down to recognize the planet.
    Maps have done a lot of damage to our spatial vision always drawing the north pole up there.
    tracert and tunsel11 like this.
  11. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

Hrm, how about, when you reach the pole, it just keeps going. So lets say you are pressing up, the camera is moving towards the north pole. As you reach the pole, if you keep the up key down it just keeps going but now your 'up' is moving towards the south pole.
    huangth likes this.
  12. huangth

huangth Active Member

I like this idea.
    The pole lock can just make the north or south pole to be the up,
    and it doesn't matter the up is either north or south.
    It can just align the axis of the planet to the up direction.
  13. amphok

amphok Member

yeah this is what i want, i can only hope they will recognize it and implement the thing one day
  14. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

But then you'll see the planet upside down
    MrTBSC likes this.
  15. n00n

n00n Active Member

When moving past the pole, spining laterally would need to be flipped. This would again create confusion/disorientation.