Simple thread... sign this please

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by starstream2, October 21, 2015.

1. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Basically you have an opinion and you're trying to persuade others to adopt your opinion.

Well my opinion is that this petition is stupid and Uber didn't do anything wrong. In fact I think they were being generous; they could have made Kickstarter backers pay too.
  2. starstream2

starstream2 Member

Again i say to all, from now on i am only responding to comments that are questions or comments about the petition,

if you don't have a regular question or something to *politely talk about* about the petition i will not respond.
  3. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, congratulations for trying to make Uber never give anything for free as a thanks ever again...

They worked really hard on Titans. They didn't need to give it away for free to anyone. In fact, that probably cost them a lot of money to do so. Giving it away for free to everybody is a good way to bankrupt your company. So they set a simple cut-off on time. People that bought it before that got it for free, people after that had to pay $13. (Not $40 as you seem to think...)

People that bought the $90 got stuff with it as well as access to the alpha stage of PA. That's what you paid for. Not some expansion that wasn't even in the works yet or talked about.

So yeah, I agree with @killerkiwijuice , your petition is rather stupid. The way I see it, it is just plain envy, nothing more. I feel sorry for Uber that they need to put up with this. It really was a nice gesture of them.
  4. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

trol... I mean starstream2: "i'm not going to respond to anyone of this criticism and only to posts about the petition"
    me: "What's the goal of the petition?"
    starstream2: ask another guy

So asking people to sing a petition for something he doesn't know or won't tell.
    Verdict: Ignore
    philoscience and stuart98 like this.
  5. starstream2

starstream2 Member

This is what most of felt when titans came out XD

(Will not reply to this message)
  6. majorityofplayers

majorityofplayers New Member

No we didn't.
  7. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  8. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Ok so please enlighten me as to where your petition was in the following scenarios:

I purchased civilization 5 for $60, it is clearly an incomplete game according to everyone else. now its $20, how come I have to buy almost 3 expansions to get it into the state that it was obviously promised at release. The expansions should have been free as I felt the game was incomplete. heck almost every Civ game has needed expansions in order to put them in a "complete" state, so why weren't they free updates?

I purchased Dawn of war 2 for $80 and now its $20 as well, but I should have gotten the chaos rising expansion for free since I paid that much and the chaos faction is an integral part of the W40k universe. Heck where were the imperial guard, the screenshots clearly showed the imperial guard in the campaign and the faction was introduced in the 3rd expansion retribution instead. I should have gotten that for free as well since the company clearly promised me imperial guard through the screenshots in the vanilla game.

The galactic civ devs talked about a map editor in their streams before release, only to release that map editor in seperate DLC a month or so after release. I should have gotten this for free as it was talked about during development. Also the dread lords were integral to the previous galactic civilizations title, so why do I have to pay for that as DLC in this sequel?

Why isn't there a big petition for battlefield 4? All that DLC stuff was clearly meant to be in the game in the first place, we were promised a complete experience through the games hype so why do I have to pay for it?

Command and conquer 3 Tiberium wars was also incomplete as many units found in the previous titles were ripped out such as the wolverine, titan etc, so why did I have to pay for the Kanes Wrath expansion in order to have access to content that should have been in the game upon release? I paid approximately $80 for that upon release so I should have received all this content as an update.

There are many more examples that I could come up with, but I'm dragging on by now. This may come across as trollish which is not entirely intended on my part. You sound like you're thoroughly convinced by this petition so it is doubtful that I will convince you over to my point of view any time soon. I am just stating how silly this whole petition is from my perspective and the perspective of many others.
  9. sycspysycspy

sycspysycspy Active Member

What a WINNER!
  10. starstream2

starstream2 Member

Finally someone who is being serious and not an ***.

I can see why you think the petition is silly but everyone who has signed that petition (me included) has felt like they have been robbed (especially if they paid $90 at the start).

Well let's see, for a start i was not convinced by the petition, i was convinced when i began reading all the comments on websites that people have posted about how TITANS should have been put in to PA has as a update, not by the petition.

Next is that petition has been signed by over 2.500 people, after i saw how many had signed it that just further reinforced me believing how making it a separate game was a robbery of money.

Now about the expansions... games like Civ 5 or battlefield ETC, those DLC's i fully understand, the prob with PA and TITANS is that from the start what we saw and where told, me and i'm sure many others expected we would see what TITANS is to be part of PA by itself, instead it seems they have ripped a chunk of core elements from PA and made a separate game to make more money out of our wallets before even trying to make it part of the original PA game, so it certainly does not feel like a DLC (and they stated you can play it without PA).

So me and many other's feel we paid like $90 for a game and then with no warning that's $90 game got flung out the window and a new game called TITANS comes out and they want a insane price of $40 witch is just BS robbery from where i'm standing.
    Last edited: October 22, 2015
  11. Abaddon1

Abaddon1 Active Member

Yeah, but the problem is when I ask people who think this way "what were the core elements 'ripped from core PA' to make Titans" they can't really list anything that was actually ever supposed to be a core part of the original game... Experimental "tier 3" units (one of the common things people suggest as a "core part") were even explicitly said they would not be in the game from extremely early in development.

I think the issue is more "things that people expect from a standard RTS" versus "things that PA was actually promised to have".
    Nicb1 and cdrkf like this.
  12. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

The reason you got such a _fun_ response is because we've seen these kinds of things before, someone creates a petition over a topic that they're arguably wrong about. Comes here and attempts to get us, or anyone for that matter, but never makes any headway at all.

I just can't believe Change.org has been turned for this, every other little issue someone has has become a petition on there. The website is a laughingstock.

You believe your rights as a consumer have been violated. I understand, but just simply can't agree. You paid for what you paid for, asking for free things is nothing but greed. You being offended by this, and expecting this is greedy. I know you don't see it this way, and you'll battle to the ends of the Earth saying you're not. But at the end of the day everyone's greedy, so don't feel too bad about it. ;P

You don't deserve anything more than what you paid for. You paid for early access, for the experience of helping a gam develope into something wonderful. Nothing more.

Hope you can find a way to understand. And chances are you won't be able to recruit anyone for your cause. We've been here for a long time, helped this game become what it is today. A game were happy with, and happy to pay for an expansion that really improved the game just that much more.

Good luck.
    cdrkf, stuart98 and cptconundrum like this.
  13. starstream2

starstream2 Member

At least you're someone honest.
  14. V4NT0M

V4NT0M Well-Known Member

But you and no one else who has the same opinion as you can answer the simple question: WHY? I have asked you twice in this thread and asked others who think titans should be free for everyone and no one can give any reason whatsoever why. They don't even try.

Again as above, why does it "feel" that way? And why is this any different to other DLC. You're just saying that it is but you have given no tangible reasons.

As I have said earlier in this thread, Uber did not expect anyone who purchased the game at $90 to pay $40, you keep trotting this out as a reason when you had months to claim a 66% discount. The price that you should be complaining about as a rational human being is $14 not $40.

But then you're just trying to be sensationalist because you know that $14 is reasonable. The only problem you have is that KS backers got it for free.

In conclusion:

Stop whining about $40, you did not have to pay $40.

Give us a reason why you expected Titans content to not be DLC and how this differs from other DLC.
    philoscience likes this.
  15. starstream2

starstream2 Member

You want 1 reason? okay hear is 1 reason, Weather it's $40 or $5 it is BS to pay again for something like this after spending $90 in the first place, it should be part of PA and not a standalone DLC.
  16. V4NT0M

V4NT0M Well-Known Member

That's not a reason, that's how most DLC works.
    ArchieBuld likes this.
  17. starstream2

starstream2 Member

Did you just ignore everything i wrote and only read the part that said *it is BS to pay again* ?
  18. V4NT0M

V4NT0M Well-Known Member

I don't think there was anything else you said really...

PA:
    * You already own base game.
    * DLC comes out for $14 which contains the base game and the DLC
    * You have a problem

General game A
    * You already own base game
    * DLC comes out for $14 which contains extra levels
    * You don't have a problem?

Here is the problem, and this seems to be the sticking point of most people who would sign this petition: You feel that because you paid $90 you're entitled to anything else that Uber make for PA. Or at least if someone else gets it for free you should because "it's not fair".

Uber made the game they kickstarted, maybe it wasn't perfect but no game is, publishers and developers will tell you this. Uber aren't about to sit there and spend months developing new features to not get paid, it's not how people want to work and it's not how companies survive.

Imagine if they did that to you at work, sorry your work this month hasn't met our standards even though you did everything we asked. You're not getting your pay next month because you're just doing work that you should have already done last month.

Sound depressing and immoral to you?
    ArchieBuld likes this.
  19. starstream2

starstream2 Member

I think the fact that you can play the *DLC* without buying the original PA is one of the reasons why me and so many others *(about 2.500) are so pissed off.

Keeping that in mind for a moment, hear is how it looks.

1: you buy a $90 hoping for it to developed in to something like TITANS.
    2: a new DLC comes out called TITANS and you can play it without the game you paid $90 for.
    3: people who never bought it can go and buy a far more developed version of PA for $40, while you'v got a underdeveloped version that you paid $90 for and are now pissed off.
    Last edited: October 22, 2015
  20. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

The base game isn't underdeveloped. The base game still receives patches.
    All players can see and join base game matches. I mean I don't think people are being fair on uber.

I mean we've just lost 2 (that we know about) great people from the team in spite of the dlc. Let's be clear, this is a small studio, catering to a niche of a niche genre which I think we all agree is under serviced and we all love, and instead of supporting them we're throwing petitions at them to give away the expansion for nothing.

They simply can't afford to do that. Frankly I'm quite appalled by the way they've been treated over the entire project. They've been accused of cheating and goodness knows what else and really all they've done is fight to survive and complete the project.

They've shipped the game (and added all the extra bits that didn't make the cut for 1.0), shipped all the physical rewards, and made an expansion to an already solid game imo and still many are unhappy. I dunno what else to say really.
    wilhelmvx and stuart98 like this.