PA.exe stopped working

Discussion in 'Support!' started by packetlos, October 19, 2015.

1. packetlos

packetlos New Member

Hi,

I can only run 10 minutes or so of AI skirmish before I get PA.exe stopped working, seems to be a graphics related. I have crossfire but have it disabled in Catalyst control panel as otherwise the UI stops working after 1-5 minutes (seems like a know bug).

I have done a fresh install of windows 10 and the problem persists.. help!

Attached Files:

2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Can you check the following list to see if you have any incompatible software installed?
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/233250/discussions/2/558751813508748383/

Also when you say that Crossfire is disabled, do you mean for the entire computer or on a per-application basis?
  3. packetlos

packetlos New Member

Hi DeathByDenim,

No nothing on the list, I have it disabled across the system in Catalyst control centre, although PA shouldn't use crossfire as there is no profile and ignores being set not to use crossfire when explicitly set to in the AMD drivers (another bug).

I've tried --software-ui switch and the PTE, still no luck.. starting to run out of options...
  4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, it's kind of weird. Especially after the reinstall of Windows. Can you try unplugging the USB headset to see if that makes a difference? There is sometimes a problem with certain USB audio devices.
  5. packetlos

packetlos New Member

Good news, the latest PTE update seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks for the suggestions DeathByDenim, appreciate the effort.
    DeathByDenim likes this.