PA Titans Fast Info

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by anonh4ru, October 14, 2015.

1. anonh4ru

anonh4ru New Member

I started this thread for the new Users to understand what is going on with PA Titans.
    dom314 likes this.
  2. billthebluebot

billthebluebot Active Member

please keap in mind that im no pro bro, i am just a guy whose been playing for quite a while, whose noticed a lot of pain in the butt things that noobs and trolls do frequently. also i dislike air, so i dont use it and dont know how to use it properly.
    anyways, ill put anything specific to TITANS in bold, and anything that applies to PA classic as well will be left alone.

although drifters have more dps than ants(regular tank, pretty sure its still called bolo), they lose damage due to overkill, and dont give you as much bang for your buck as ants unless youre on a lava or water heavy planet or fighting more advanced units.

hover stuff (locusts, drifters and theoretically kaiju) can go over lava as well as water.

mixing sparks into your early armies wrecks other t1 armies at close/medium type range with ease, sparks are also very effective at countering boom snipes.

locusts are really effective in groups over the size of 20, anything less and they tend to fizzle out before doing any damage. dont bother using locusts to attack units, only bases.

flak is good. period.

titans are generally too fat to move across the bridges on metal planets, so be careful when you build one, thats a lot of metal wasted if it cant get to the fight.

you can use unit cannons to be sneaky and move around the system without detection,since the enemy doesntt get an alert when you launch em. this is very useful on multi-planet systems where you dont want the enemy to know which planet youre on. fairly risky to not go orbital if theres a gas giant though.

as a rule of thumb, always contest gas giants, as they are a virtually infinate source of resources.

pay attention to the orbits in user made systems, people can be dicks and overlap some orbits without telling you, and any planetary contact causes complete annihilation.

always check if the host turned on sandbox mode, or messed with the econ rates on the sides of peoples names.

if sandbox is on, you can either confront the host about it (they might be ignorant on how ludicrous it is, so dont be too mean about it).... or you can abuse the heck out of it and give em a taste of their own medicine.
    sandbox lets you copy and paste units with crtl/c and ctrl/v btw.

on big single-planet FFAs, come to an agreement before the game starts as to what you should do if some troll builds a ragnorok (planet-destroying drill thing), personally i like to agree to a temporary alliance if such a thing happens.

for factory management, look to the right gosh darnit, you can pause construction of units with the lightning bolt, set it to loop or not with what ever the bottom icon on that bar looks like, and if you control click a unit, itl get built right after whatevers currently getting built.

try not to cancel expensive stuff halfway through if you can avoid it, like omegas or manhattans, as this deletes all the time, metal and energy youve invested into it. just pause the thing man, jeez. a good way of doing this with buildings late game is to take all your big builders off of it and send one t1 fabber to keep it from decaying.
    Last edited: October 14, 2015
    badfucatus and ace63 like this.
  3. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Erm, no you can't. It's not possible to nuke gas planets. Unless they changed that recently, but I don't think so.
    tatsujb, Nicb1 and huangth like this.
  4. huangth

huangth Active Member

I asked this question in balance discussion.
    And the nuke can't target the gas giant now.
    I think it is changed after the Titan released.
  5. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Nukes stopped being able to target gas way before Titans. I don't know exactly when, but I'm guessing six months or more. Maybe even a year. Long time ago anyway. :)
    Nicb1 likes this.
  6. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

uncounterable however
  7. billthebluebot

billthebluebot Active Member

i dunno man, people tend to build nukes all over gas giants, you just have go over and give em a poke..
    cdrkf and tunsel11 like this.
  8. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

If enemy occupies gas giant, build a fleet of orbital stuff and blow them off the face of it :p remember jigs have naff all health and explode, and you can land your orbital wherever you like.... Attackers have serious advantage in orbital combat :p
    Furballman likes this.
  9. huangth

huangth Active Member

If the enemy already have the orbital factories everywhere, it is very difficult to complete clear them.
    And I find out that the only useful unit in orbital fight is the rail gun since they have much longer range.
    Once the rail guns are stacked, there is no solution to defeat them except making more rail guns.
    The avenger just can't touch them.
    cdrkf likes this.
  10. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

Orbital combat in 'Orbital combat is boring' shocker.
  11. cdrkf

True, you have to be on the ball to stop that kind of porcing to occur. If you leave an opponent along on a gas giant for most of the game, well I guess it stands to reason they'll beat you :p It takes a long to to lock a gas giant down sufficiently though...
  12. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

You don't need to lock it down - just make it cost the enmy too much in metal to stop you and they'll spend it elsewhere.
  13. cdrkf

Again, jigs, the only resource generator for gas giants (that you can spawn on top of) explode rather easily.... I still maintain the attacker has a big advantage, just drop groups of avengers throughout a jig field simultaneously and watch the explosions. Seriously hard to defend against unless they have masses of spread out defences...
  14. mered4

Yeah, but by the time I have it to myself, I'll be keeping you busy elsewhere. The key to VICTORY on gas giants isn't about actually winning or making it invincible or whatever. It's actually based on distracting the enemy so they are too busy spending metal to stop your frontal assault to deal with the gas giant feeding it. The other thing is to play the orbital suppression game throughout the system - if you hold the gas giant, you should also have the spare metal to dump into an orbital fleet solely made to kill orbital defences and factories over planets. That's railgun, battleship, and SXX spam, basically. If they can't even clump avengers, they can't kill jigs in a timely manner, much less factories.
    cdrkf likes this.
  15. cdrkf

True, but you've essentially won the game at that stage... It boils down to you having time alone uncontested on the gas giant.

That may have worked against an orbitally challenged team like pag in classic, but given orbital is visible in titans I view that scenario as a lot less likely against evenly matched opponents.
  16. mered4

In even matches where neither side clearly gains the upper hand, the gas giant is a waste. You will just burn metal there in a series of devastating guerilla strikes that will leave both sides with literally no base or eco on the surface. If jigs didn't explode and orbital vision was a part of the Intel game, then you would see concrete bases popping up all over the gas giant. It would resemble a land war.

But, as of now, two people/sides with even orbital skill will leave the gas giant practically empty while denying their opponent.
    cdrkf likes this.
  17. LmalukoBR

LmalukoBR Well-Known Member

How many avengers to insta kill a jig?