Green planets problem.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by rodchev, October 8, 2015.

1. rodchev

rodchev New Member

I have not played PA: TITANS for a week and in that time I have updated my drivers, now planets are appearing with a green layer over them as if I have issued a global build order. Re-installing the game does not work and a Dx.diag was requested, so here it is. Thanks for any help.

Attached Files:

2. janon2501

janon2501 New Member

I have the same problem.
    After i installed my new AMD R9 380 from MSI grapic card, the planets use to have a transparent greenish layer.
  3. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Thank you for posting your DxDiag report. It looks like there is an updated driver available for your Intel graphics card. Please go to the manufacturer's website to download and install the latest driver here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx
  4. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

It looks like @rodchev had 2 graphics cards; an AMD Radeon R7 M260 and an Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500. Do you know if you have another graphics card as well?
  5. rodchev

rodchev New Member

Hi, thanks for replying. I have tried to update my driver, but the utility informs me that it is all up to date.
  6. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Your DxDiag shows your last Intel driver dated 10/9/2014 for version 10.18.10.3960. The latest one should be dated around 9/28/2015 for version 15.40.7.4279.
    Sometimes computers will say the drivers are up to date when they're really not. Please go to the manufacturer's website directly to download and install the latest driver here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx
  7. janon2501

janon2501 New Member

Thanks for the answer.
    I tried to reinstall PA:TITANS to solve the problem, but it is still there.

To be more precise, i describe my problem:
    The planets looks normal, as long as, i don't use the shift+left mouse drag-feature to build several metal-extractors. Normaly, as a visual feesback, a green transparent circle appears. Now the green tranparent cricle appears, but simultaneously the whole planet gets a green transparent layer.

But to answer your question:
    as far as i know, i have only one graphic card (the AMD R9 380), but i attached the output file from dxdiag, so you might have look (i'm not so good in understanding the dxdiag-output).

For me it looks like, that the AMD driver is the problem.
    Why?
    Because i installed a new graphic card (old : AMD R9 270 -> new : AMD R9 380) and made an update of the graphic card driver.
    With the old driver/old graphic card i didn't have the problem, it started after the graphic card/driver update.

So it seems, i have to wait until AMD release a new driver or install the old one.

Next week i have more time to mess around with my graphic card drivers, so i keep the new, because
    i can still play PA:TITANS and this is the only thing that matters :)

PS:
    I'm from Germany, so excuse my odd english

PPS:
    By the way, with the (surprising) TITAN-Update the game makes a lot more fun!
    Great job!

Attached Files:

8. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Last edited: October 14, 2015