[REL] Galactic Annihilation Titans

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by stuart98, September 23, 2015.

1. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

A brutalizer can singlehandedly destroy a Titan. It's a titan killing bot; I might do a small buff but I think it's quite good as is so long as you're using it correctly.
    Good point on the Colonel's health. I'll see about taking care of that.
    I'll do a couple of nerfs on the manhattan to take care of that.
    You're wrong on the penetrator; it uses a beam weapon so it fires through everything.
    T2 gunships are supposed to be that way. T2 air is fairly cheap, if I rushed kestrels and you weren't able to react fast enough you'd get beaten very, very easily.
    Drifter is a riot unit, meaning that it has decent AoE.
    I'll see about adjusting hover unit speed a bit to better justify the cost.
    I hear you on the Proteus, any ideas on how to make it more unique?
    Hovercrafts won't get their own factory; I see no reason to make them separate from naval and land. What will be happening is more amphibious bots and an amphbious factory on water.

Thanks for the feedback.
  2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

yea, no ... the three times i used it against groundunits it hit the ground and didn´t do anything againt the units but when they were close

... the only thing i have in mind is to kinda change it into a tempest with tons of torpedoes
    against seabases and ships but it would be still vulnerable against air and hoverunits other than that let it have just one artilleryturret but that hits hard and with large AoE maybe make it submersible and with stealth ....
    Last edited: October 7, 2015
  3. stuart98

That doesn't make any sense on the penetrator.
  4. MrTBSC

i don't know what it is .. fact is it didn't hit the units from its supposed range .. i will test it again tomorrow
  5. epicblaster117

epicblaster117 Active Member

Unit wreckage and pathfinding in its current state is kinda broken, also there seems to be insane amount of teamkilling with Turrets And Smashers killing their own units.
  6. stuart98

Long overdue balance update.

Polish/Bugfixes:
    Fixed a bug with the "Zipper" Raider/Scout Bot icon.
    Hopefully fixed a bug with the "Kaiju" Heavy Hovercruiser clipping inside of the vehicle factory. Untested because it's me we're talking about of course.
    Added latest commanders Enderstryke71 and Nefelpitou.
    "Spark" Energy Riot Bot now uses a smaller vanilla effect on projectile impact.
    "Drifter" Riot Hovertank now has the bot explosion effect on projectile impact.

Balance:
    Most volley fire units now use time instead of energy as the ammo source, meaning that having low energy will not impact ROF. "Spark" Energy Riot Bot and "Leveler" Lightning Ambush Tank are exceptions.
    "Slinger" Rocket Defense Tower ammo capacity increased by half a rocket.
    "Brutalizer" Anti-Titan Bot health increased from 3000 to 3500.
    "Colonel" Heavy Fabricator health decreased from 10000 to 8000.
    "Manhatten" Armored Self-Destruct Tank cost increased from 800 to 900, health decreased from 5000 to 4000.
    "Wyrm" Strategic Bomber turn speed decreased from 110 to 30.
    "Boom" Fast Self Destruct Bot speed reduced from 40 to 35, cost increased from 70 to 120.
    "Lob" Heavy Boom Launcher ammo cost increased from 150 to 120, can now fire to the full extent of its range.
    "Leveler" Lightning Ambush Tank energy capacity increased from 30 to 40, energy reload rate increased from 2.5 to 3.5.
    "Bumblebee" Light Bomber bomb damage increased from 450 to 500, splash damage increased from 120 to 140, splash radius increased from 15 to 17.5.
    "Thunderbolt" Railgun Anti-Air Hovertank speed increased from 13 to 16, turn speed increased from 15 to 45.
    "Penetrator" Heavy Railgun Hovertank acceleration increased from 5 to 10, speed increased from 12 to 14, turn speed increased from 20 to 30.
    "Striker" Fast Attack Hovertank acceleration increased from 4 to 30.
    "Drifter" Riot Hovertank speed increased from 11 to 12, turn speed increased from 10 to 20.
    Orbital Fabricators can no longer build teleporters.
    Unit Cannon projectile now has an impact radius variance of 120 instead of 30.
  7. stuart98

Nerfed "Zeus" Riot Air Titan cost from 20000 to 22500, damage per shot reduced from 1200 to 1000.
    "Boom" Fast Self-Destruct bot health reduced from 60 to 50, cost increased from 120 to 135.
    Lob fixed so it should fire now. (It's me, so untested) Cost increased from 120 to 140, ammo capacity increased from 750 to 880.
  8. stuart98

Hopefully fixed some silly derps.
    Lob should finally work again. If it doesn't then I'll get mad.
    Flak Tank renamed to Shredder, new model because I'm not a fan of the vanilla one when there's better models out there.
    Fixed Atlas unit types.

Balance - Nerfed "Leveler" Lightning Ambush Tank damage per shot down from 325 to 320 (now 3 hits T1 mexes instead of 2 hits them)
  9. MrTBSC

byebye midgame invasion attempts ...
  10. stuart98

Use unit cannon and astreii?
  11. stuart98

12. stuart98

Downloading the mod from PAMM will be semi-borked for the next hour or so while I get the mod updated to v2.1. Please be patient while I get everything taken care of.
  13. stuart98

I have to say, I was surprised how much there was rotten in the state of Galactic Annihilation Titans. It's all been fixed now.

Balance:
    "Colonel" Support Commander: Death explosion radius increased from 60 to 100.
    "Wyrm" Strategic Bomber: Cost reduced from 1250 to 1100, health increased from 2000 to 2500, splash damage increased from 250 to 500
    Advanced Fabrication Aircraft: Cost increased from 425 to 550, max health decreased from 200 to 120, max speed and acceleration increased from 35 to 60.
    "Zeus" Aerial Assault Titan: Damage halved from 1000 to 500 (splash from 500 to 250), rof doubled from 0.75 to 1.5. Splash radius reduced from 30 to 12. Should do death damage again.
    Wreckage for all bots no longer affects pathing.
    Bot death weapon splash radius lowered from 7.5 to 5.
    Vehicle death weapon damage lowered from 60 to 45, radius lowered from 15 to 10.
    "Boom" Fast Self-Destruct Bot is now amphibious.
    "Zipper" Raider/Scout Bot is now amphibious but unable to fire underwater; max range reduced from 80 to 75.
    "Thunderbolt" Railgun Anti-Air Hovertank: Cost increased from 300 to 325, max health reduced from 350 to 325, damage per shot reduced from 8 to 7.5, max range reduced from 260 to 250, rate of fire reduced from 3 to 2.5.
    "Shatterer" Heavy Railgun: Now does half damage to air (Only affects Zeus)
    Nuke: Still two hits coms, but instakills everything else.
    "Catapult" Light Tactical Missile Launcher: No longer attacks Orbital.
    "Leveler" Lightning Ambush Tank: Turret now rotates slightly more slowly so that it is less effective of an anti-air.
    "Jig" Metal Fusion Platform: Now has a hefty energy cost to produce a mere 5 metal.
    "Omega" Orbital Battleship: Switched weak rapid fire anti-ground weapon with the heavier one of the SXX.
    "Hermes" Suicide Drone: Now acts as the suicide missile from the original Galactic Annihilation Classic.
    "Helios" Invasion Titan: Now uses 10x more energy when active.
    Added a new T1 amphibious factory, building all amphibious bots (T1 and T2)
    Added a new T1 amphibious fabrication bot. Halved stats of regular fabber, costs 150 metal (vs 225 for T1 fabber).
    "Seabass" Torpedo Boat: Health increased form 350 to 380.
    "Typhoon" Aircraft Carrier: Cost reduced from 3600 to 3200, launches 33% more drones.
    "Squall" Attack Drone: Now is repaired instantly, max health increased by 25 (and lifetime increased by 5 seconds)
    Advanced Fabrication Ship: Cost reduced from 1200 to 800.
    "Piranha" Attack Boat: Missile rate of fire lowered from 0.75 to 0.65.
    "Stinger" Volley-fire Anti-Air Bot: Is now amphibious.
    "Brutalizer" Anti-Titan Bot: Is now amphibious.

Sort of added two new anti-orbital units that were supposed to already be there but weren't because I'm a derp.

Polish:
    "Eagle" Air Superiority Fighter description enhanced.
    Anti-Nuke Launcher renamed to "Preserver"
    "Lob" Boom Launcher renamed to "Lobber"
    "Brawler" Light Tactical Missile Bot renamed to "Pummeler"
    Heavy Energy Plant description enhanced.
    Switched combat fabber names around.
    "Penetrator" Heavy Railgun Hovertank renamed to Disintegrator because some people.
    "Drifter" Riot Hover Tank description replaced with a useful one.
    Light orbital -> ground weapon now has a newish effect.
    "Barnacle" Support Sub: Renamed to "Remora"
    build.js re-ordered to place a greater focus on underused units.
    All amphibious bots now have upside down icons excepting the one that I missed.

Bugs Fixed:
    Fixed a bug where the "Skitter" Scout Buggy had a broken name.
    Fixed a bug where the "Skitter" was using the wrong weapons/ammo file. Is now actually useful.
    Fixed a small bug in the "Hummingbird" Interceptor where there was a "!" in the description.
    Doubled the lifetime of the Dox, Zipper projectiles to fix an apparent edge case where their bullets weren't living long enough to hit their mark.
    Fixed a terrible bug where the "Stomper" Rocket Bot had broken anims due to a missing anim tree.

Of course, it's me we're talking about, so I probably introduced some new bugs that you all will be yelling at me about.
  14. stuart98

v2.11 fixes silly bugs.

Fixes the T1 combat fabber's icon not being upside down.
    Fixes the Amphibious Fabber being broken.
    Fixes the Shielder being buildable in the amphibious factory.
  15. stuart98

v2.12 - Unexplained crashes.

Removed Amphibious Factory, it was causing crashes and nothing was wrong in the jsons.
    Last edited: October 31, 2015
  16. stuart98

v2.13

Fixed a bug where Dox had wrong icon.
    Fixed a bug where Zipper had no icon.

Balance:
    "Lobber" Boom Launcher: Cost increased from 1400 to 2000, metal per boom increased from 225 to 300, metal capacity increased from 880 to 900.
    "Catapult" Light Tactical Missile Launcher: Is no longer the ultimate turtle weapon of doom. Cost increased from 1800 to 2200, max health reduced from 1500 to 1000, energy capacity lowered from 6000 to 4200, ammo demand reduced from 600 to 400, max range reduced from 500 to 300.
    "Gil-E" Sniper Bot: Speed reduced from 8 to 7.
  17. stuart98

v2.14

Flak buff.

"Tornado" Rapid-fire flak cannon:
    • Cost increased from 800 to 1200.
    • Max health increased from 1150 to 1500.
    • Damage per shot reduced from 30 to 20.
    • Rate of fire increased from 1.5 to 4.
    • Range reduced from 120 to 100.
    "Crasher" Flak Bot:
    • Cost reduced from 250 to 200.
    • Rate of fire increased from 0.6 to 1.
    "Thunderbolt" Railgun Anti-Air Hovertank
    • Cost reduced from 325 to 275.
    "Shredder" Flak Tank:
    • Rate of fire increased from 5 to 7.5.
    "Proteus" Nuclear Battleship Titan:
    • Speed reduced from 30 to 25.
    • Max health reduced from 50000 to 40000.
    "Narwhal" Flak Frigate:
    • Flak RoF increased from 0.75 to 1.

BTW, @Alpha2546 @sardaukar666 there is a mod guide available here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=541994102
  18. epicblaster117

epicblaster117 Active Member

The work and updates are very appreciated, keep it coming Stuart.
  19. stuart98

v2.2

Rudimentary AI support. It's not great, but it works. Be sure to disable other AI mods and select the AI "Galactic Annihilation" before launching the game.

Cosmetics:
    Fixed a bug where the Nuclear Missile was using the wrong icon.
    Fixed a bug where the Drifter was using the wrong anim tree.
    Artillery shell trail is no longer team colored.

Balance:
    "Angel" Support Aircraft - Health increased from 600 to 750, missile intercept rate increased from 1/second to 1.5.
    "Slinger" Light Missile Launcher - Damage per shot reduced from 80 to 75, reload time increased from 8 to 10, rate of fire decreased from 1 to 0.9.
    "Ant" Medium Tank - Damage per shot increased from 50 to 60, rate of fire increased from 0.5 to 0.65, inaccuracy increased from 3 to 3.25.
    Fixed a bug where the "Ares" Hover Bombardment Platform was using an imba crush weapon.
    Fixed a bug where Sonar was buildable on land.
  20. huangth

huangth Active Member

Is it possible to provide a website like the PADB which shows all the detail of units?
    It should include the HP, speed, metal cost, DPS, damage, weapon range, AOE range, view range, and radar range.
    So we can see the unit states of last version without viewing all update notes.
    And player can quickly compare the setting of mod with the official setting.