2003 rang.. wants to know when we get in game voice chat?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by elvisior, October 5, 2015.

1. elvisior

elvisior Member

As per the subject...

I'm a kickstarter.. still grumpy I paid for them to reinvent the wheel (aka steam friends/chat/etc) ...

2003 rang.. wants to know when we get in game voice chat?
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

They don't really want to put voice chat into the game afaik.

And what's wrong with an in-game friend interface? What about people who don't use steam? :L
    jeffwadsworth and Nicb1 like this.
  3. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

Wait. My mother language is not English so I might get this wrong, but ...
    Are you implying with "reinvent the wheel" that PA would have been better without a chat and friends system because steam can do this and on the other side you are complaining that there wasn't enough effort put into exactly this system to make it a voice chat? Which can be handled by Teamspeak, Mumble or other software even better?
    jeffwadsworth and Nicb1 like this.
  4. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Yeeeah, as the guys above mentioned PA not limited to Steam. What about the people who don't use the Steam version?
  5. V4NT0M

V4NT0M Well-Known Member

Not sure whether OP's title was supposed to be self mocking. But yea, this isn't 2003, there are many ways you can voice chat with people outwith the game client.

I mean, if you really wanted to you could set up a discord channel for PA and arrange matches with friends and regulars.
    Nicb1 likes this.