Converting pa to vr maybe????????? >.< eek

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by violetania, October 3, 2015.

1. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

Hey!!!

Just a thought out there... because i don't know enough about game dev/etc so actually be able to comment....
    But while i was doing research for the hour of horror thing for the 1000 raised i came across alien isolation on the oculus and apparently it was just a bunch of people on reddit that got together and figure this out so i figured i'd ask here....

Apparently people only need to change 4 lines in the engine settings of the game to play alien on the oculus... does anyone know if it's possible to do it for PA???
    The 4 lines is basically
    "<Setting name=”Stereo Mode”>
    <Quality name=”Rift” precedence=”4″/>
    <Quality name=”Off” precedence=”4″/>
    </Setting>"
    Rofl =P I'd so turn into a vegetable is the oculus when VR. <3 <3 <3
    Anyways, thank you in advance ^^

Kind regards,
    Violet
    edit: maybe i should have posted this in the mods section? >.< eek >.<
  2. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

Pretty sure this was asked and they said it's not that easy and 0 budget.
  3. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Either the game's developers built the mode and decided not to release it, or they used an engine which has generic support for it.

PA is a custom Uber engine. Unless they were also doing unreleased VR experiments it's not built for that. Someone might try to rig up something cheesy with holodecks, but I suspect that the focus point would be wrong, without even getting to subtler issues.
  4. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

Ahaha i have no idea how the pa engine works and i just figured if it's only a 4 line difference in another game then maybe we could put our heads together it might work for pa =P Hah, oh well, worth the ask, thanks anyways ^^
  5. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

6. jomiz

jomiz Active Member

7. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

No uber is not developing VR for PA, it is stated in that post that you linked as well.
    "This is a seperate demo (not in the PA engine) custom built using Titan assets to show off scale in VR."

I can't remember all the reasons for it, but in the past VR for PA was discussed and various points were brought up as to why it would not work out in the end.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  8. jomiz

jomiz Active Member

That doesn't say that they are not (or will be) developing it, it just said that demo wasnt using PA's engine.
    I dont believe they are doing it tho.
  9. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Uber is developing a VR game and probably had this part of the engine ready before all the art assets were done. My guess is that importing Titans assets let them show off the engine even with so much work left to do.
    Nicb1 likes this.
  10. superouman

superouman Post Master General

cptconundrum likes this.