AI issues

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by devoh, September 28, 2015.

1. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

System: Lock
    AI: Quitch Uber
    Mods: Quitch AI
    Local server playing PTE 88288

I LOVE to turtle. So what I do is knock out the AI's eco and build some defenses. The AI seems to not understand Holkins and their range nor Catapults and their range or more specifically to keep the commander out of range. It's scouted them and obviously knows to try and stay out of range with regular units.. It will build a massive army and keep it out of visual radar range. It's very frustrating because the AI has an awesome army amassed and ready.. but it will bring it's commander to the front lines and try building a factory in range. Shouldn't the AI take into account that being in range is BAD.. and that it should ONLY do that as a last ditched attempt. To make matters worse, it had two Colonels. So to me as soon as it has a Colonel it should pull the commander back and be aggressive with the Colonels. I don't get why it is being so aggressive with it's commander and not with it's amassed army or other units. I am winning way to many battles because the AI put the commander somewhere really stupid...

Or is this just a limit of what is possible with the AI? Did I mention how much respect I have for @Sorian and @Quitch ?

I guess in short the AI is being way to aggressive and risky with the commander when it has so many better options. IMHO when you have Colonels, it's time to park the commander in a nice SAFE retirement home surrounded by some defenses. The same goes when it has a huge army with mixed in T2. The last place he should be found is near the front lines.

I have been playing games on my local server.. I should play some on the Uber servers and give a replay id so you can see what I mean.

replay 15722336734940404236 See how the enemy commander comes into range around 35 minutes for no reason, and is killed by catapults by 40 minute mark. I had no enemy units near it.
    Last edited: September 28, 2015
  2. Mirolog

Mirolog Well-Known Member

We have AI thread somewhere here for AI feedback and bugs.
  3. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Already fixed this issue locally.
    Remy561, devoh and proeleert like this.
  4. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the next PTE. I should have made my username Turtleman! :)