Ongoing AI Issues...

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by plink, September 22, 2015.

1. plink

plink Active Member

Still noticing that in games I play against relentless AI, that it starts strong, but once I put up a defensive system and repel attacks, it stops sending much my way. It begins hoarding units in its base, everything from Titan Air, to tanks/bots and they just sit there even when I attack. If the AI would have simply sent everything my way all at once, I would have been killed, but because they didn't It's an easy victory.

If the AI is going to hoard units, there needs to be something that after a certain amount of time everything is sent to attack. (even if it calculates that it will suffer substantial losses, if that's the reason why it doesn't send any units....)

(this game was fought on a single planet, also this isn't a one time issue, it happens almost every game.)
  2. V4NT0M

V4NT0M Well-Known Member

I think it's a bug rather than a strategy, if you save your game while the AI is hoarding then re-load it will likely send many of those units your way
  3. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Going to need more information.

For a start:
    What version of the game?
    Skirmish or GW?
    What system?
    Any mods enabled?
  4. Mirolog

Mirolog Well-Known Member

This happens sometimes for me in GW. Before last hotfix.

Absurd GW. No full orbital tech. After killing all enemies on planet my minion will spam air/zeuses on his base and not really care about other enemies on other planets, and just lauch nukes. Any multi-planet system. Only FX mods.
  5. plink

plink Active Member

Sorry about that Sorian.

I'm running the latest 'Live' version as of Sept. 21. (NOT pte)
    Skirmish.
    Bedlam
    No mods.

A bit more info with this. I noticed in another match (same system), I expanded to a forward base. (the ai had begun hoarding units at this point) Once I started building a bunch of stuff the ai rushed this new encampment, almost completely destroying it but I held them off, and mass built a ton of defense. (everything from air/ground/sat defense and nuke defense) Once I held them off, they stopped trying to attack, and resumed the unit hoarding. Although the ai never once attempted to send the more than 10 Titan Air it had just sitting in it's base. (they stayed there the entire game, even while i was picking them off with satellites)

I really like what you are doing with the AI though, it has come a long way. Keep up the great work, sir.
    Last edited: September 22, 2015