The latest AMD / ATI Catalyst Drivers

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by bgolus, February 21, 2011.

1. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

And by that you mean you bought plenty of full priced AAA titles for $50 from developers with 100+ employees? It's a little tougher if you have to do it all with a hand full of devs and no multi million dollar budget and multi billion dollar publisher to back you up. But you got an awesome game from a developing studio who cares for $15.

Try some web developing, just HTML and CSS, some slightly fancy menus and styles. Try to code it so it displays your webpage in all browsers the same way. Good luck, cya in a month or two... ;)

It's not that easy.
  2. Bert

Bert New Member

You sure do assume much. Namaste my friend, clearly this is a battle for you. :)
  3. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Part of my job is to design websites, mostly the good old fashioned way with a text editor and a couple of browsers. So yup, it's a touchy subject for me.
  4. Bert

Bert New Member

I can completely understand that, but you should understand I'm in no way attacking you, Uber, or anyone else for that matter..My point is simple; As a consumer, knowledge of that nature is neither here nor there. The fact remains I've paid for a product that does not work, at all. Some people can play around these issues, but my computer completely freezes and requires a hard restart.

And I realize that writing software is difficult, but I have every right to push for a solution as there was a beta phase for this game, and if there were issues, perhaps the official PC release should have been delayed. I'd prefer a functional game as opposed to a non-functional one.
  5. dopefisher

dopefisher Member

How much RAM do you have? Are you running 64-bit Windows?
  6. Bert

Bert New Member

*Bump*

Got around to testing the game with the 11.2 drivers, and it works great! :)

Oh except it won't let me switch classes once I've initially picked. The button just does nothing.
  7. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

That's going to be the class limit preventing you from changing, try a class that isn't disabled of maxed out and it'll work.
  8. Turkish

Turkish New Member

Since the new drivers, I haven't been able to minimize the game and bring it back up. It will just stay open in the task manager but can't bring it back up no matter what I try....
  9. Bert

Bert New Member

No, it doesn't bring up the menu at all. It's non-responsive.
  10. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Then have you checked the keybinds? Drivers won't be causing this, so what you're seeing is something else that coincidentally happened at the same time.
  11. Firon

Firon New Member

I am using the 11.2 drivers with an HD6950 on Windows 7 64-bit. I'm seeing flickering and black smoke effects at random. No other graphical glitches to note, just these.
  12. some11

some11 New Member

mine has never even worked at all the whole game due to hard freezes and memdumps with the 4-5 catalyst drivers that i have tryed that have been supported for my 6850
  13. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

Using ATI HD5850 with the 11.2 drivers on Win7 x64. No noticeable issues except for the popular black, blotted smoke effects.
  14. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

ATI Radeon HD 58702 Crossfired with 11.2 drivers, Windows Vista SP1 64-bit.
    The 11.2 drivers significantly reduced the freezing and crashing, but not entirely.
    The cards are not hot when it happens, so it is not an overheat.
    Only happens in Monday Night Combat.

Though I really doubt this is a Monday Night Combat issue unless you heavily modified the Unreal Engine.
    Since low-level tasks are handled by the engine, and the game on top is typically just using engine scripts and/or engine API, the blame is most likely in the Unreal Engine.

L. Spiro