Bad input delay when using the middle mouse to drag

Discussion in 'Support!' started by sycspysycspy, September 14, 2015.

1. sycspysycspy

sycspysycspy Active Member

I tried running PA with a crappy laptop before Titan was released.
    The laptop's spec is as following:
    Lenovo U410 i5-3337U 8g DDR3 Nvidia 610m
    It's definitely not for gaming for sure however I managed to play it with the lowest setting(everything off/low with subsample 50%) running a local server. The game seems to run worse after the release of Titan, the problem is not with the frame rate, it is with the input delay, I could zoom in/out or scroll around using cursor keys without major delay, but there is unbearable delay when using the middle mouse button to drag around.
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Does this also apply to dragging a selection box with the left mouse button? Or is it just the middle one?
  3. sycspysycspy

I think left mouse drag selection has the similar delay too, but it's less obvious.
  4. DeathByDenim

Could you try playing around with the parameter --coherent-options="--renderer-process-limit=N", where you replace N with a number ranging from 2 to 32". So you'd start PA like this (for N=2):
    Code:
    PA.exe --coherent-options="--renderer-process-limit=2"
    Try different numbers and see if it has any effect on the lag.
    sycspysycspy likes this.
  5. sycspysycspy

Thanks for the reply, i will give it a try and let you know if it works.
  6. sycspysycspy

I have solved the issue by installing logitech gaming software for the g502 mouse...I dont understand...
  7. DeathByDenim

Oh, I do. Should have though of that. The problem was that the mouse had a very high sample rate, so it was sending hundreds of mouse events per second to PA. This is good for FPS games, but the Coherent UI that PA uses seems to handle it badly. I guess the gaming software reduced the sample rate, fixing PA in the process.
    sycspysycspy likes this.
  8. wondible

wondible Post Master General

PA captures input during middle-mouse to get the up event, and the capture includes move events. Some of my mods also track moves passively, and I wouldn't be surprised if others do as well.