What do you think about a spark grenadier army?

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by startege1, September 13, 2015.

1. startege1

startege1 Active Member

I currently try a tactic made with Grenadier and sparks. wherein but also the air highness needs. Until now I use more sparks than grenadier.

What do you think of the tractic?
  2. pjkon

pjkon New Member

I think that tanks are fast enough to stay in their own range and outside the range of the sparks, so that their large damage output is matched against the grenadiars paltry damage output, exacerbating the fact that they have more hp/metal. Against a microed force this tactic will fail. Interestingly against an unmicroed force this tactic would work very well either on the attack or defence, as when it stands on the defensive the grenadiars can pound the enemy army from beyond its own range until it is microed to make the next advance and when it attacks it can close into spark range and destroy everything. How well this works depends on how good your opponent is and how big the map is is my guess.
  3. startege1

startege1 Active Member

I mean that the grenadier are good for range and area damage make sparks and are in mass actually relatively well.
  4. tommybananas

tommybananas Active Member

just gotta make sure you keep air coverage other wise bombers are gonna have a field day with that comp :p
    Also im pretty sure tanks > any bot comp still. I just build dox for raiding outlying mex and defending my own against their raiding dox
  5. walmartdialup

walmartdialup Active Member

Sparks and grens don't appear to do well. One unit needs to be up close while the other needs to keep its distance. The strength of the army is cut in 1/2 either way. I would rather have an army that does one thing really well than one that is multipurpose.

I like the sparks. They are a fun unit to have in a bot army because they can deliver a large amount of damage if close enough. Getting close enough is the issue

Spark vs dox = spark
    Spark vs ant = ant
    Spark vs gren= spark
    Spark vs inferno = spark if micros enough.

The only time the spark wins against an ant army is when the ant army is literally on top of your base. This way, the spark likely doesn't have to travel as far because the enemy is more focused on taking out structures.

I tried combat fab + spark combo and it doesn't work too well against a large ant army. They last a little longer, but they can't deliver enough damage for the combat fabs to survive.

I have seen the sparks mixed in with an ant and inferno army which is interesting. It appears to be more about the vehicles than the bots though.

I haven't tried inferno+ combat fab combo with sparks. Use inferno as shield for sparks to due their HP. This may be the best combo. Get them close enough and they can cause enough damage. However, I still don't see this effective against an ant army if they are moving away, unless they are in a CSG congested area.
  6. Furballman

Furballman Member

If you're feeling particularly radical, go for it! ;) I have to say it wouldn't be my first choice unit composition though.... But im not very radical so who knows :p
  7. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

so I'll build spinners
  8. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

I never got how people are winning with pure air.

Most of the time, they suck like hell!
    Nicb1, cdrkf and stuart98 like this.
  9. startege1

startege1 Active Member

10. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

I watched the replay I don't think your army composition did any good for you. It was your better eco that won the game. Tanks were more effective almost in every encounter. What do you think people?
  11. startege1

startege1 Active Member

I again played around and it is better if one spark and 1 dox or 1 grenadier and 1 dox set at the factory. which then results in around a tank.
  12. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

If enemy spams pure veh spam booms.
  13. startege1

startege1 Active Member

yes, but let's assume that the enemy has at least 1 bot factory and tanks and Inferno.