[REL] Notes v1.5 [76456]

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by DeathByDenim, January 1, 2014.

1. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

So, are all of our old notes from the previous version lost then? Mine don't seem to be there anymore. :(
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

It uses the same system for storing them. I'm not sure where they would have gone to...
    I should make an export function for backing this stuff up.
  3. ViolentMind

I actually did find the old Notes eventually, by the way. So you were right, they are still there. :)
  4. DeathByDenim

Oh, that's good. :)
    How did you find them? Or more importantly, where did you expect to find them?
  5. ViolentMind

Well initially I thought I recognized some names that came up in multiplayer games that I had notes on previously, but I was wrong. And I finally noticed that the old Notes were in one of the Tabs on the right side of the Main Menu. In the older versions, you kept those in the Settings menu, if I remember correctly. I usually just don't think to look up at those tabs for anything new these days, because I don't expect to see anything new there. Also, the Exodus eSports mod window on the main menu sort of draws most of my attention when I look at that side of the screen.

For anyone else who is wondering, here is a screen shot of the new Notes Tab, which contains the full list of people that you've written notes on:

upload_2014-11-19_19-20-4.png

Edit: Now that I think about it, some sorting, or search options might be nice within that Tab, if possible. Just a thought. Not sure what they default sort is, but it doesn't seem to be alphabetical....maybe by date? Actually, time stamping each entry in the notes might be a good idea too, or at least time stamp the overall Note for the date of the last update, which you could also display and sort by on that Notes tab. : )
    Last edited: November 20, 2014
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  6. DeathByDenim

Ah, right. Yeah, they used to be under the [SOCIAL] button, but Uber removed it. (Darn Exodus pushing my tab away! :))
  7. frostyrootbeer

frostyrootbeer New Member

this "would be great" if:

1) while in a match or the chrono cam: typing didn't cause in-game commands to activate
    2) it was next to each name in the friends and recent playerslist
    3) it was next to players in the lobby

I think 1 and 2 are the most important. but basically it needs to be everywhere
  8. DeathByDenim

Huh, I just tested it. I did this:
    1) While playing, I clicked on the note-icon. The window pops up. I click on the text field so the caret appears and I start typing. 'S' would normally stop building and the arrow keys would move the planet around, but when the text field is selected, non of this happens as it should. I also tested this in spectator mode.

3) But it is?
    note.png

I agree with 2 though. That's still on my to-do list.

Anyway, do you do anything different than what I did to have problems with 1 and 3?
  9. ViolentMind

So, yeah, I second #2. It would be great if the Notes icon appeared next to players' names in the Recent players' tab.

Also, about #1, not sure about any other key, but when I hit the Backspace key (I almost always use Notes while in Chronocam), it pretty much crashes the game. :mad: I can't tell you how many times that I've done this, and it's very frustrating. By default, the Backspace key recalls the last Camera Anchor (I also use the Anchor Buttons mod as well). This happens mostly when reviewing the game just after playing. When hit, it closes the Notes window, goes to the last Camera Anchor (and dims the screen for some reason), and then the UI won't accept any more input from the keyboard or mouse. The Chronocam continues to play, but you can't control it anymore, so the game is effectively crashed. When I do this while reviewing a replay, it tends to just close the Notes window (doesn't save anything that you just typed) and puts you back to the beginning of the Chronocam. It's annoying to have to re-type everything, and to start the Replay over again, but at least it doesn't seem to crash. I've tried remapping the Backspace key, but no matter what I do there (assign it to something else, or nothing), it doesn't seem to help.

Would you be able to disable the Backspace key while the Notes window is open? That would really help a lot!

Not sure if this matters, but I play on a Windows 7 box.