Avangers acting like a surface fighter??

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by stylisticsagittarius, August 30, 2015.

1. stylisticsagittarius

stylisticsagittarius Active Member

I saw that avangers now no longer remain circle around a target when attacking but rather shout it fly trough it and turn and shoot again.

I think this is:

1- very unlogical since you still are in space...

2- makes the avanger very very unusefull since it almost does no damage...

I also have never seen not even early game avangers in multiplayer games, and probably with a good reason.
    I think they should change it again to act more like a gunship once more.

what do you guys think?
  2. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Nope. They are boring as hell when they sit in a circle. Plus this decreases their range and increases their vulnerability a bit. All of these are why we changed it to do this in OWO, and I'm happy it's like this now. Avengers are still OP as hell as is. Plus, why would being in space make strafing not a thing? I mean they're still fighters...
  3. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

Avenger snowballing was incredibly strong before, this is at least a small nerf since it's making deathballing/stacking slightly less effective.

And even then they are still cost-effectively kill every other orbital combat unit.
  4. stylisticsagittarius

every other orbital unit now has splash damage so the avanger stands actually no chance against anything more ore less defended...
  5. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

There is an issue with patrolling avengers on gas though. I had like 50 avengers going to the same jig and killing it off instead of spreading out to all sides. Anyone else noticed this?
  6. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

What orbital unit has splash damage? Omega only has a number of attacks, artemis gets easily overwhelmed because of it's slow single target damage, and anchors/umbrellas are still rapid fire laser cannons.
  7. stylisticsagittarius

omega and helios and anchors eat even large groups of avangers for breakfast especially now the avangers fly furhter trough and also deals damage from units behind the first target.
    It is now set to shoot-turn-and-shoot-again but it actually ends with shoot...