I love Titans but please...

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by robtotheb, September 5, 2015.

1. robtotheb

robtotheb New Member

REMOVE BOOM BOTS FROM THE GAME!!!!!!!

They are too fast and easy to spam out in early game and in late game you can have 100's in minutes. They just ruin so many decent matches. Sniping a com is so easy with them, we've all done it! I can do it with my eyes closed but it's a vile strat that too many lazy ***** who play this game use. At the very least make the Com's armour against them better I'm sick of having to silo my Com because of players who only spam these things out. When you have multiple fronts and units to control you don't want to have to micro your Com to avoid these little sh*ts. T2 is crap at stopping them as their rate of fire is slower, bombers are useless, towers pretty average so it's T1 spam all the way - YAWN. IMO they should be strong versus buildings but not units.

Now I'm going to go cry in a the corner while I curse the Uber employee who thought them up in the first place!
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

3. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

Booms die to pretty much anything that can attack ground im not sure what the problem is.
  4. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

While Boom Bots are the Ultimate Weapon of Perfection, they are heavily countered by both dox and sparks. SLT spam also works quite well to keep them contained.
    tesseracta, burntcustard and stuart98 like this.
  5. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

I like Booms.

Edit: Realm overload.
    elodea, Remy561, Nicb1 and 2 others like this.
  6. epicblaster117

epicblaster117 Active Member

Build a single turret....boom done
  7. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

NERF THIS UNIT BECAUSE I DIDN'T BOTHER TO FIND AN ANSWER MYSELF!.... Did I get it right?
    stuart98, tesseracta, xanoxis and 3 others like this.
  8. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Last edited: September 5, 2015
  9. Crembels

Crembels Member

This.

Also infernos. Constant fire means the booms burst before they can touch them. Bombers are not useless and if you truly are fighting an enemy fielding 100's of booms an attack-move passover of a squad of bombers will massacre them by the truckload.

This is a textbook case of L2P.
    tesseracta, stuart98 and Nicb1 like this.
  10. superouman

superouman Post Master General

Pretty much yeah
    tesseracta and stuart98 like this.
  11. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Icarus also destroy boom. They are the ultimate boom killers.
    elodea likes this.
  12. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

On a serious note though, as the guys above mentioned there are many ways to deal with boombots, should you be caught out by them you have nothing but yourself to blame.

If you've gone bots then use dox to get rid of them.
    Tanks, infernos or manage your bolos and youll have little issues.
    heck even one laser tower can do a lot to protect yourself from booms.

Booms are by no means weak (I love exploiting other players weaknesses with them), but there are many ways to effectively deal with them.
    stuart98 likes this.
  13. Corgiarmy

Corgiarmy Active Member

They have their place. If the enemy has a large t2 army with titans marching to your base and you have just been attacked and your losing the eco war and your screwed bc you don't have any units...they work as a last chance strategy imo. Sometimes they work hehe.

Edit: To be fair 200+ boombot can be hard to stop in late game when you're attacking someone.
  14. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

They are easy to destroy and if your opponent is building a ton of them, he is not building much else.. Once you destroy his boom attack you should be able to finish him. Also if you are constantly scouting your opponent you can counter them quickly.
  15. tesseracta

tesseracta Active Member

NUUU!!! MEH LIEK BOOM
  16. easybox

easybox Member

I had here https://forums.uberent.com/threads/improvements-still-needed-to-pa-titans.70199/
    a discussion about friendly fire. I think there is a good reason why it does not exist. It would be awkward if bombers and boombots would jeopardize its own base. Now you can store hundreds of them and share over entire map. Combined with air support it is an effective terror tool. But only at the single targets and they need its own tactic to avoid enemy recon and fast attacking units.
  17. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

Adding to what everyone said... i.e. dox, infernos, sparks, etc eating booms for breakfast....

You should learn to scouts, because really if you don't scout then you kinda deserve it (no offence). And you should be constantly scouting.

You mentioned early boom bots, if someone rushes booms they're at a huge offensive disadvantage, a scout and 5 doxes could ruin their plan and cripple their start as now they're behind on eco and map control.
    If they build booms late game... well you should have enough build power to spam turrets, change your bot factories over to building doxes etc...

Like all you have to do is put a handful of doxes in your army or get a handful to patrol your mex field and booms don't work. Also uber cannoning a snipe of under 40 booms is works fine too if you didn't scout.

Anyways, sorry, but i have to disagree.
  18. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Well, for new player i can definitely agree that getting sniped by boombots is not pleasant experience.

But you will learn that is it easy to counter on the battlefield with the right units like dox. Or protect your commander by assisting him with 2-3 infernos.
    stuart98 likes this.
  19. tracert

tracert Member

It helps to control the skies and space above your com so they can't scout and have to send boombots in blind.

In this build make sure the assisting units don't push your com somewhere unwanted... like into the enemy's army.
    stuart98 likes this.
  20. Matster

Matster Active Member

Boombots are pretty much a useless unit if you have a few other units around. They get annihilated very fast. Though it was fun in PA to try rushing with boombots very early. Now its not really a valid tactic anymore since everybody expects it and plans ahead for it.