[SERVER] Queller AI

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Quitch, November 5, 2014.

1. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Started updating Queller for TITANS, should be ready for initial release in the next day or two.

@cola_colin would you mind moving this to TITANS modding, please?
    igncom1, temeter and stuart98 like this.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

moved
    stuart98 and Quitch like this.
  3. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

This looks very interesting. Is the current version on PAMM Titan-compatible?
  4. Quitch

In the most minimal sense of the word, yes.
    temeter likes this.
  5. temeter

Thanks! Just played a first match on the small moon map with lots of patforms against Uber eco, had a lot of fun.
    Maybe not the best combination on such an aggressive map (single dox patroul factory ftw!), but it was still quite strong, much better fighting an AI focussing on unit production and not nukes.

Might have been harder if it didn't rely on Grenadiers as it's main combat units against tanks+infernos+dox, however clever it went about abusing their range. Getting some additional spark production going, supported by a small number of shellers, finally broke it in no time. I guess it's gonna be really scary if the AI learns how borderline OP spamming sparks is.

You should teach the AI spamming sparks. o_O
  6. Quitch

Like I said, most minimal sense of the word. Grenadiers were the meta, now they're about as far from the meta as can be. Uber Tank shouldn't be too far off current meta.

I've updated Uber and its subpersonalities locally, just got to roll the changes down the difficulties.

And I would never recommend Uber Eco for a small map (the OP word count has stopped me adding my notes on them). If it's really small then Uber Dox is most likely the best personality.
  7. stevenrs11

stevenrs11 Active Member

Trying out Queller for the first time, noticed this.

[​IMG]

Not sure if that's caused by the fact its AI vs AI, your mod, or a bug in PA, but pretty sure thats not supposed to be there :p
    ljfed likes this.
  8. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

That's one for @Sorian. If possible, post the replay.
  9. Quitch

Uber (and its subpersonalities), Platinum and Gold are all now done. Just Silver and Bronze to go.
    xankar likes this.
  10. Quitch

Version 3.0

NOW DESIGNED SOLELY FOR TITANS
    • Updated vanilla AI
    • Removed Deep Space Radar references
    • Umbrellas no longer require any kind of radar
    • Focus is back on Bolos over Grenadiers at all levels
    • Uber builds Grenadiers in response to spotting Walls
    • Uber will build the GIL-E as a response to spotting Bluehawks
    • Added support for TITANS units
    • Fixed Gold so it will build Levellers as intended
    • Uber properly checks placement of vehicle factories
    • Updated openings for TITANS
    • Updated naval ship choices for TITANS
    • Uber Air has been transformed to be a more standard personality with an earlier and heavier emphasis on air
    • Sends out single ship platoons at higher levels
    • Uber chooses its first factory on a new planet based on whether there's an enemy presence or not
    • Uber more likely to assign vehicle and naval fabbers to energy production than other types of fabber
    • Capped the number of fighters produced on planets where Queller is alone
    • Uber will use T2 air outside of metal planets
    • Lower difficulties more likely to more poor decisions about when to commit their armies
    • Fixed bug preventing Uber Tech from building advanced energy
    • Uber Tech is much more aggressive about teching
    • Much more sensible about which planet to pull reinforcements from via Teleporter
    • Fixed bracket errors leading to improper filtering
    • Uber and Platinum more aggressive about getting up anti-orbital measures where none exist but an orbital threat does
    • Updated all difficulties in accordance with the latest playstyles in each league
    • Naval platoon 12 now maps to the correct template
    • Platinum now builds Levellers
    • Uber brings out Infernos even when not winning the land war to help in base attacks or raids
    • Gold's micro is a little worse
    • Removed naval platoon 16
    • No longer shuts down factories to bring the eco back in line
      • Eco is going to need more work as this exposes some issues that were previously hidden
    • Bronze and Silver favour the Astraeus for getting off planet
    • Builds either Kestrels or Hornets but never both
    • Bronze no longer artificially restricted on the number of factories it can build
    Last edited: September 4, 2015
  11. Mirolog

Mirolog Well-Known Member

If I want to have Queller in GW, and I'll just replace my game files with mod's files, will it work?
  12. Quitch

Maybe.
  13. temeter

Thanks for the update!
    ljfed likes this.
  14. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

Is good.

If the Grenadiers walk straight into enemy units rather than sitting back and firing at max range then ANY building of Grenadiers is probably a mistake. I'm imagining that Uber will be fixing this soon though...

Wat? Why would this help? From my experience, pure Ants are better unless you're winning the land war and getting into the enemy base where the extra DPS from the Infernos helps take out buildings. Unless Boom Bots... and actually yeah you should make it (if you haven't already!) so that if Boom Bots are seen the AI builds a few more Infernos and Dox? Not that there's much choice in the bot factory already. Plz buff Sparks Uber, and get 'em to use both of their "barrels". Hm mebbe I'll make a mod that makes them do that, then keep poking Uber until it's implemented. Slightly more controversial than the replicators mod at least :p Or maybe I should just fix the Boom Bot Wars AI... I think I might be going slightly off topic here.
    Last edited: September 7, 2015
    stuart98 likes this.
  15. Quitch

The AI doesn't suffer from this issue, the only time it walks its Grenadiers into stuff is when it makes a bad call.

Because the AI's preferred behaviour on reaching a base is to dive right in, not working in from the edge the way a human player would. Given that the AI doesn't use "am I winning?" as a basis for whether or not to attack a base, nor choose its base attack forced based on unit composition, it needs to be armed with things that can do meaningful damage in a base attack.

It also provides the AI's vehicle heavy composition with more cover against Boom attacks.

It doesn't bring out Infernos until it feels it has a decent base of Bolos first.

I felt that keeping the Infernos back until it was already winning negatively impacted its ability because it also doesn't work well with the AI's terrible base target prioritisation where it will continue to shoot factories while under fire.
    burntcustard and Clopse like this.
  16. Quitch

Version 3.1

Recommended starting location for Forge changed from slot 1 to slot 2. Also a new subpersonality was added: bot.
    • Silver gives higher priority to Orbital Launcher on multi planet maps
    • Added support for new platoon performance savers
    • Added support for tests designed to stop interference with ally Halleys, Catalysts and Ragnaroks
    • Added missing personality checks for Locust platoons
    • Titan support added to Bronze and Silver
    • Won't try to destroy asteroids with Ragnaroks
    • Won't build torpedo launchers in land bases on non-symmetrical planets
    • Omegas can be used to form orbital to ground attack platoons in the same way an SXX can
    • Will no longer idle Orbital Factories if there's no orbital threat and alone on the planet
    • Will build SXXs at gas giants
    • No longer tries to (unsuccessfully) put the Zeus in bomber platoons
    • Ignores Kaiju when looking at fleet composition
    • Fixed errors in Gold, Platinum and Uber causing them to only look at surface water threats when making naval build and platoon choices
    • Fixed Platinum and Uber not building ships early on in certain situations
    • Turned off Typhoon at all levels due to issues in the AI's handling of the unit
    • Increase in threat required for Gold, Platinum and Uber to build Titans
    • Uber will build a Zeus when it's alone on a planet
    • Bronze and Silver avoid spamming Orbital Launchers and don't make it their first factory on a new world
    • Updated vanilla AI
    • Uber no longer sends orbital units offworld when they're still needed on the planet
    • Bronze can now send orbital units between worlds
    • Only Bronze will build Titans on asteroids
    • Enabled land Titans for all AI levels
    • Lowered the priority for Titans at Uber and Platinum
    • Titans can now be included in other hover and land platoons
    • Fixed an error which led to higher levels building too many Storms
    • Higher air threat required for Platinum and Uber to build Storms
    • Fixed all instances of missing personality checks
    • Added a new subpersonality - Bot
    • Three fabber personality trait now correctly covers naval as well
    • Uber will use the Icarus to correct energy issues when it's alone and metal is plentiful
    • Uber will produce more Stingrays when facing a large air threat
    • Uber better limits its Narwhal production
    • Smarter at judging whether ships should be produced from its factories on multi planet systems
    Last edited: September 9, 2015
    FSN1977, stuart98 and burntcustard like this.
  17. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Great AI quitch. I have seen some odd behavior, its seems the AI "Uber Tech" likes to build Nukes on Astroids, it was the first thing the engineers did ,when they got out of the Teleporter.
    Quitch likes this.
  18. Quitch

Thanks, I'll take a look, right now Queller treats an asteroid no different to anything else. Certainly a nuke should never be the first thing built on any planet (factory first!) so I'll have to look at why that is happening too.
    FSN1977 likes this.
  19. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

It would also be a good idea to send some avengers with orbital engineers. Seems They allways Come alone with No protection
    Quitch likes this.
  20. Quitch

Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about that. Well, I could have it only send them to what the AI defines as safe planets, but I feel that would probably cripple it.

The AI has no notion of threat to fabbers and won't try to defend them or move them to safe ground. Nor can I tie builders and troops together, so they travel independently.
    Last edited: September 11, 2015