Combat Mex brainstorm

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by Engineer1234, September 5, 2015.

?

Do you like the idea of armed metal extractors

Poll closed September 12, 2015.
  1. Prefer unarmed mex and would not use this mod

30.0%
  2. Add anti-air and anti-land to normal mex

10.0%
  3. Add only anti-air to normal mex

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Add only anti-land to normal mex

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Add combat mex as separate structure with anti-air and anti-land, leave normal mex unchanged

50.0%
  6. Add combat mex as separate structure with only anti-air, leave normal mex unchanged

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Add combat mex as separate struccture with only anti-land, leave normal mex unchanged

10.0%
  1. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of making a mod that adds weapons to the metal extractor, and I want to know what YOU think.
    Making a mod means using the weaponized mex is 100% optional, I'm not talking about Uber changing the base game.

I'm somewhat of a turtly player, I like defences and I made the War Turtle mod (check it out) to allow you to have more powerful defences.
    But what would happen if I put guns on the mex ? every mex, so no longer will 1 lone dox or one lone bomber take out all your mex unchallenged if you're not paying attention.
    Attention is one of PA's resources and this would free up some of it for defending mex.

I'm thinking of equipping the basic mex with one basic anti-air turret and one basic dual laser turret, with the same stats as the normal turrets themselves.
    All the variables like HP firepower and range are up for debate, not sure on any of it yet.
    I don't mean for mex to be able to withstand any kind of decent raiding party, and I'm not giving them titan HP.
    Alternatively I could add a new mex and new advanced mex that are armed, giving you the option of building either an armed or unarmed mex whenever you want, the armed version will of course cost more metal to build.

I think mex that can defend themselves would reduce micro, as you would no longer have to defend mexes manually from that one dox or one bomber, raiding mex is still perfectly possible but no longer with zero risk and zero resistance.
    Defending mex costs lest attention, attacking mex costs more attention, shifting the advantage in favor of the defender.
    This goes for all players of course, so every player could spend more attention attacking, and spend less attention on defending, even as a turtly player I think this is more fun.

What would happen to the game dynamic, would raiding disappear ? would raiding parties become bigger by necessity ?

Please choose a poll option and post any thoughts you have on what this would do to the game.
  2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

feel free to make a mod but this would be nothing i would want for vanilla

if you want a opinion for the mod

make the armed mex t2 with weak anti land and anti air mashineguns like the dox
  3. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

4. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

in fact what you could do for fancy add a sort of defensive ring simmilar to the anchor antiorbital defense and have it as additional attachment to both mexxes ...

meaning place a t1mex+t2mex+ defense .. or any other combination between them
  5. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

I voted "Add combat mex as separate structure with anti-air and anti-land, leave normal mex unchanged", but changing T2 mex to have anti-air and anti-land would be cool too in my opinion. Reminds me of DoW resource point structure thingies (I have no idea what those were called).

Ideally I'd say give them a missile pod and a gun similar to the gunships (rapid fire). That would help stop "annoying" little raids late game, but a big tank army would still roll over them.
  6. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Because it's on a feature point, you might be able to use replaceable_units to make an upgrade.
  7. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

Plus add a bubble shield!! <Devoh is now crawling underground with his bucket of popcorn and watching the flaming begin> :)
  8. skypheonix20

skypheonix20 Member

I like this idea and also like the idea of bubble shields lol im a turtley player too but i never really play PA because it feels fast paced and my micro attention are crap lol i mostly just watch ranked games or people replays, these mods would give me more incentive to try play.

+1
  9. Matster

Matster Active Member

Any kind of new defense building would be nice but it should be separate from metal extractor. The existing defense building kind off don't have the same punch as the defensive buildings from TA or SupCom.