Support @ Uberent

Discussion in 'Support!' started by mkrater, August 18, 2015.

1. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

@mkrater : How are you guys dealing with support email volume these days? Are you still making your way through them sequentially? How backlogged are you still? I'm wondering because I sent in an email request to have my UberNet/PlayFab account and my Steam account linked on 8/25/15, and I still have not heard anything about it yet. Is that still possible to do? If so, once that is done, will I have access to the additional commanders that I have earned via my UberNet account on my Steam account? Also, will I be able to play Titans via the PlayFab launcher (since I bought it via Steam)? I won't bother sending in another request, if I know that you guys will be getting to it eventually.

As a side note, if anyone reading this knows how PAStats will handle my game history after my accounts are linked, I'd be interested to know? Will it combine them into one, or still keep them separate? I'm thinking the latter, but I'm not sure what my account will register as in game once linked.

Thanks for any help on this...
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

PA Stats only cares for your "ubername" to determine "who you are". That is a unique identifier linked with your ubernet account. I am not 100% on this, but I think it does not change just because a steam account is linked to your Uberaccount.
    So as far as PA Stats is concerned your account does not change at all.
    ViolentMind likes this.
  3. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

We're currently replying to tickets submitted on 08/20/15 and answering them in chronological order of receipt. I apologize for the delay. We're getting there though! :)

It sounds like you are trying to link your Steam account to the account that has your Commanders registered to them so you can play with your Commanders on Steam, correct? If so, you can link your accounts here: https://uberent.com/user/linkedsteamaccount

If you've purchased TITANS in Steam and it is linked to your Uber/PlayFab account, you should be able to use the Launcher to access TITANS as well. If not, please let us know and we can help out.
    ViolentMind likes this.
  4. ViolentMind

OK, thank you for the quick reply! No need to apologize though. I think that you should describe what your day is like here on the forums, so people understand what you go through, and how many tickets that you have in queue. Maybe a ticket counter, with the day that you are currently processing should be pinned to this support forum. That way you could update it here daily, so people stop asking you that question. Seems to be a very common one.

So, now that I've linked my account to Steam, I'm seeing weird behavior. Since they are both different versions, now when I log into Titans via Steam, it kicks me back to Ubernet, and my PA Classic version. Now I can't even play Titans. :( That's not really what I wanted. I either wanted to keep playing via Steam (obviously with Titans) and have my Steam account recognize my earned commanders, or load up Titans via the Ubernet launcher. You've suggested that it is possible to play via Steam with my Ubernet account commanders, but it doesn't appear to be working that way. If this doesn't work, can it be fixed, or do I have to un-link my Steam account somehow now? I'm not sure how to link my PA Classic launcher to the Steam version of Titans? Can you help with that?

Also, I was hoping that this linkage would resolve the naming conflict that I am getting via my Steam account. Essentially, I cannot use my original Ubernet account name via Steam, because it is in use already. I was hoping that after linking the accounts, both would use the same name. However, it appears that the naming conflict still exists.
    Last edited: September 3, 2015
  5. ViolentMind

So, in other words, as far as PAStats is concerned, your Steam account and Ubernet account will always be separate, regardless of any linkage between the two?
  6. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

If anyone is really curious, I got my reply for the ticket I submitted on Aug 20th at 12:43 pm mountain time an hour ago (thank you very much for that btw, Titans is downloading as I type this :) ). If you submitted in the afternoon, you should be getting a response very soon.
    mkrater likes this.
  7. cola_colin

As far as PA Stats is concerned steam does not exist. What does exist is Ubernet accounts. Steam is just some extra linked to ubernet accounts, but PA Stats does not know or care about that.
    stuart98 likes this.
  8. ViolentMind

OK, so then Steam registers you with an Ubernet account behind the scenes then, and PAStats uses that to ID you. Got it. Thanks.
    stuart98 and cdrkf like this.
  9. xmerrus

xmerrus New Member

Just wonderful.... Brought game 5 days ago(send email 5 days ago, created ticket 2 days ago due to confusing instructions) and won't be able to play it till end of my vacation.
    It's kinda awesome to have moneysinking-bug in ingame shop 10 days after release of expansion. Or is it planned strategy?
  10. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Your account issues look like a special case as it appears you've purchased TITANS in the Armory on one account and purchased it again with your Steam account. (thank you btw!) I'm working with the Devs to figure out how to get TITANS to play on your Steam account again. For now, you should be able to play through the Launcher and access your commanders. Unfortunately, your display name will have the (1) next to it until we find a way to change it.
  11. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

I can see TITANS on your account. You can play through the Launcher without Steam. Just load up the Launcher as you normally would and the game will auto-update to TITANS.
    If the Launcher does not auto-update, it may be the case that it is outdated. Please uninstall the Launcher and download and install the latest Launcher from our site here: https://store.uberent.com/download/pa
  12. xmerrus

xmerrus New Member

I've done reinstallation before submitting ticket and it doesn't helped.
    I've done it once again today and pa lauched as TITANS. Dunno what changed, but thanks.
  13. cola_colin

in some cases (or even often?) the launcher is bugged a little and requires a click on "verify" a few more times until the click really doesnt do anything at tall anymore.
    ViolentMind and mkrater like this.
  14. ViolentMind

I purchased another copy via the Armory just yesterday, because it seemed like the Steam linkage was not going to work as intended, also because I didn't want to wait to practice for the next tournament (you're welcome ;)).

So actually at this point, my account linkage results seem to be half working. That is to say, when using either my Steam icon or the Launcher to load Titans, it seems to default to using my Steam account in game (I would prefer for both to use my Ubernet account instead). So, yeah, my original Ubernet account seems to be lost in the ether at this point. However, I have access to all of my commanders using either method to load Titans.

So, it would be awesome again if you guys could do one of the following for me when you get the chance:

1) Set the "default" account to my original Ubernet account for both Steam and Launcher
    2) Allow both accounts to remain separate (in terms of backend Ubernet name), but use the same DisplayName
    3) If one of the first two options don't work, just un-link my Steam and Ubernet accounts, and I will keep them separate (allowing me to use my Theta and Armalisk commanders on my Steam account with this option would be nice too)
    stuart98 likes this.
  15. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

I'm not sure I completely understand, but I can confirm what I can see. :)

Your violentmind Uber account is linked to your ViolentMind Steam account and you're able to log into TITANS through both of these accounts and access your commanders.

The Display name is currently ViolentMind (1), but we are working to find a way to resolve this as we cannot go back to the account that has ViolentMind as a Display name to change it. We also cannot have 2 accounts with the same Display Name. But this is why I am working with the team to rid the other account of the display name. ;)

If I unlink your Steam account, you will no longer be able to use your commanders as these are registered to your violentmind Uber account. The only way to play with these commanders on Steam is to have your Steam account linked to this account (which it currently is.)

I apologize that we cannot fix the display name issue right now, but it looks like everything else is taken care of for the moment. Is this correct?
    stuart98 and ViolentMind like this.
  16. ViolentMind

You got it! See, I think that you understood just fine (probably better than I did). :)

However, would an easy fix for this be to just unlink my Steam account temporarily, then I could make the necessary adjustments to my DisplayName on my Ubernet account (now that I know that my Steam account name will be used as the DisplayName after linking the two). Once that is done, then I can just link them again, and everything is good, right? At that point my DisplayName will be without the "(1)" no matter how I choose to load the game, and my commanders will be available either way as well. Does that sound like a plan? I think that might be easier than hitting up the Devs and wasting their time with this trivial matter.
  17. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

I wish it was that simple, however because there is another account out there with the Display name ViolentMind, the game will reject the name change because it already exists on another account. :(
    If I can manually change the name on the other account, then you'll be able to change yours on your account. :) (and this is why I need Dev assistance.)
  18. ViolentMind

Yeah, but that "other" account is just my original Ubernet account. : ) That is why my suggestion would work. I just thought that if you unlinked me, then I could take care of myself, and not have to bother you guys to do it. Whatever is easier though. ;)
  19. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Except that the other account is not your original account.... A new "temp" account was created, "steam110000104741e81" and it looks like you were able to change the display name on this account before re-linking back to your violentmind account. In most cases, re-linking back to the old account to change your name works, however I'm not sure how to link back into this temp account. Which is another reason why I need Dev assistance. :p
  20. ViolentMind

:confused: Haha, this is all getting so confusing. Ok, obviously you have more information than I do, and it's hard to tell what's going on behind the scenes from my limited perspective. So, I will just shut up now and let you guys take care of it. :p Thanks for putting up with me. I appreciate the help and explanations. (transitioning to patiently waiting mode :cool:)