Lets talk about gaming mentality.

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by violetania, September 2, 2015.

1. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

Okay so apparently there's such a thing as ladder anxiety?
    Lets minus out the ladder part.

Does anyone ever get stressed or sick from just playing games? Ladder, custom or tournaments? Esp if it just hits you all of a sudden and you have no idea why you're stressed like it's a custom or... etc.
    How do you calm your nerves/stop yourself from throwing up/other???

I understand it's just a game.... saying that doesn't help though =P Heh, thanks in advance!
    Remy561, andreasgg, cdrkf and 2 others like this.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Code, Anime and Green Tea
  3. walmartdialup

walmartdialup Active Member

I had to turn off more pew pew mod due to a mild epileptic seizure when an enemy was assaulting my base. I suggest turning that mod off. It may prevent you from getting nauseated. I suppose some mods are too awesome for some people to handle:oops:
  4. violetania

please, have you seen the mods i have, rainbow commander landing? ;) waaaaay too op with anxiety <3
    dom314 likes this.
  5. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

music is always good to calm yourself down i find ... how bout cataclism coupled with jazz ...
    no seriously find yourself some tracks that you know make you chill ...
    violetania likes this.
  6. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Play tired a lot. Play when you're sick, hungry, or drunk. Then when you get to the game that matters, have a good night of sleep first and a nice cup of coffee or tea during your game. You will feel ready!
  7. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

When i'm not trolling and feel like playing seriously, I watch this video.

I'm serious.
    violetania and xankar like this.
  8. violetania

Ahahahah kiwi i can't even understand it! <3
    The reason i'm asking is cause the other day i had a 1v1 up and someone joined... Like i'd beaten them a couple of times and it was just a custom game, but i threw up and i was freaking out so hard i have no idea why! >.<

And drunk you say capt? i'm not clopse XD <3 <3 anyways thanks guys <3
  9. wilhelmvx

wilhelmvx Member

You aren´t playing for money there is nothing on the line when you play on the ladder
    Cpts advice is actually really good...the single game or the circumstances shouldn´t matter.
    Playing the ladder shouldn´t be stressful or even take effort, like brushing your teeth you do it daily without much effort or to much thought.
    violetania likes this.
  10. mishtakashi

mishtakashi Active Member

violetania likes this.
  11. mishtakashi

mishtakashi Active Member

Mate that video is not what I expected
  12. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

The classic technique for dealing with stressful situations is to imagine your opponent in their underwear, or possibly on the toilet, to make them seem less intimidating.

The down sides to this with gaming though:
    - They quite possibly are only wearing underwear
    - That kinda image may make you feel even more sick, just not due to stress :p
  13. cptconundrum

I play my best when I dress like an ancient Greek Olympian.
  14. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

I personally worship Nurgle, and pray that he decays my enemy's internet connection to allow me victory!
  15. elkanfirst

elkanfirst Active Member

Those things happened to me when I had a bad monitor, and perhaps an insufficient video card. In other words, a bad frame rate and flashings you might not be aware of, but they might affect you at the point to feel nausea and "gaming sickness".
    violetania, cdrkf and cptconundrum like this.
  16. cptconundrum

This is a really good point actually. It may not be 100% due to anxiety if there are other issues like this going on. I know people that get motion sickness from games, and PA with it's round maps is probably not going to help that much.
    violetania likes this.
  17. violetania

I lag a bit so perhaps.... but i got the sick feeling when the person joined the lobby, it was so strong and sudden i feel as if maybe the lobby can't make me feel that sick??? Also people in my twitch chat described it as adrenaline??? Humph... i have no idea still but i definitely should get a better computer =P tehe

Also do you seriously game naked?!?!!? o_O like without underpants as well??? o_O But those imagining people in their underwear jokes made me giggle so hard <3 ty!

edit: @wilhelmvx it wasn't even ranked, it was a custom game against someone i had beaten before! i had absolutely no idea what came over me because i do 1v1s all the time, couldn't believe i actually won, the dpi on my mouse is pretty hard and i just couldn't stop shaking ahahaha! oh well >.<
  18. cptconundrum

;)
    violetania, xankar and cwarner7264 like this.
  19. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Why do you think I don't have a webcam, only I microphone, when I'm talking online....

The only downside is it takes me ages to answer the front door.... So many missed deliveries :p
    lapsedpacifist and violetania like this.
  20. nosebreaker

nosebreaker Post Master General

Awsome topic Anna....
    The Nosebreakers twenty cents...

Yes The Nosebreaker too suffers from ladder anxiety because he is a average player..
    So odds are always that he will meet greater players.As He often does!
    Problem is The Nosebreaker seems to have hit a skill glass ceiling made out of concrete..

Some tools the Nosebreaker keeps by the keyboard to try to distract His mind from Anxiety.
    A small sewing needle that The Nosebreaker stabs his self with Not too deep of coarse.
    When the infection sets in on a big weekend from repeated self stabbings The Nosebreaker keeps a large Flat head screwdriver near and Thumps his self with that.
    Another techniqe The Nosebreaker likes to use is to.
    Have a glass of water ready and the action of slowly drinking it also helps but the duration of distraction is less with this one.
    Being slightly intoxicated prior to the match also helps dramatically. How ever this qure has other compound problems..
    All of these things, The Nosebreaker doesn't recommend you try at home Little Kids
    These are the things that only professional idiots should do.