The new Titans - Atlas and Zeus

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by bengeocth, September 2, 2015.

?

Switch names of the two titans?

1. No, I'm used to the names already.

88.5%
  2. Absolutely, it's only logical

11.5%
  1. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

Does it bother anyone else that the atlas is the land unit and the Zeus is the sky unit? You should call the sky unit the atlas because it flies and covers the map, and you should call the ground unit the Zeus because its like a mighty god that will 1v1 u and kick ur *** irl lel.

To reiterate, Atlas, means world- and is commonly associated with maps. if you had to choose between the current Atlas and the current Zeus to make a map, you'd chose the current Zeus. It flies.

The Zeus, if you are for some reason not familiar, is the leader of Greek gods with his infinite swag/power. The only real association between the current Zeus and the mythological Zeus is the lightning based weapon.
    (Also, this just occurred to me, but the Ragnarok you could call Olympus (Which is the meeting place of the gods, where no mortal shall tread.), but that's not really necessary.)

Also, when the ZEUS (the new name for the ground titan fite me if u disagree) does his attack in water, a swaggy tidal wave should happen.

Thoughts?
  2. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Well, atlas is the titan/god/whatever that held up the earth, so to me that makes sense. Plus zeus kinda just spent most of the time on mount olympus throwing lightning at stuff, so to me that makes more sense that what you're suggesting...
    Last edited: September 2, 2015
  3. bengeocth

Extra poll option: "I'm still waiting for them to change the name back to ant"
  4. bengeocth

I see where you're coming from. We have a conundrum.
    ace902902 and emraldis like this.
  5. billthebluebot

billthebluebot Active Member

Ragnarok is the end of the world in norse mythology and i think it fits just fine, especially since it is somewhat divorced from the other titans (cant move, destroys a planet, is a building, no way to protect itself) so using a separate mythology seems like a cool way of exaggerating its "odd one out" status.
    bengeocth likes this.
  6. vaaish

vaaish New Member

The current names fit with Norse and Greek mythology so, no, it's not logical to reverse them.

Atlas: One of the primordial giant deities called Titans that ruled before being overthrown by the Olympians
    Zeus: King of the Olympian pantheon very closely associated the sky and air. Overthrew the Titans.

Very fitting in PAT terms because the Atlas has no AA to prevent the Zeus from taking it down.
    billthebluebot likes this.
  7. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Also, the Zeus fires lightning and flies through the air... Like Zeus. Zeus technically isn't supposed to set foot on the earth, though of course he does in the mythology over and over, but he's still not supposed to. Today we might think of Mount Olympus as just a really tall mountain, but in the past the top of a mountain was as far out of reach as another planet is today. Further perhaps.

Atlas stands on the ground and holds up the sky (or heavens depending on the translation), but he was never allowed to leave the earth.
    Last edited: September 2, 2015
  8. bengeocth

Yes, I see I'm wrong...

bring up the ant problem at the next staff meeting.
  9. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

I'm sure @jables has already called the exterminator to resolve that.
  10. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

You called?
  11. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

Super biased poll options.
    Your options are basically " op's choice which is obviously correct " and " my own choice because I am dumb and can't adapt to changes "
  12. noobymcnoobcake

noobymcnoobcake New Member

Exactly and fourm moderators should remove or fix biased bullshit polls like this.
    stuart98 likes this.
  13. huangth

huangth Active Member

It is good the see dev is here and explaining the naming of them. :)

May I ask a question here?
    I want to know more information about the original design of Zeus.
    What is its usage? How to use it efficiently?

I can find the value of every titan except the Zeus.
    It is an air titan with very low HP, and it is very easily destroyed by enemy fighter.
    I have tried to use angle and fighters to protect the Zeus, but I still feel it is not a cost effective unit.
    Or do I miss something?
    I wonder about in what situation the player should make the Zeus.
  14. V4NT0M

V4NT0M Well-Known Member

Oops, I clicked wrong.

Yea, so... No.
  15. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Honestly I wasn't involved with the design side of things. I wasn't even around when they named them, so my explanation of the names is more my personal view of them than an official one.
  16. paleoludic

paleoludic Uber Alumni

The ant bug is harder to fix than it sounds.
  17. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

BOB BOLANT .... ... ... THE FIREANT

@wpmarshall :p
  18. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

zeus is the thunder god and skyfather of all gods ... so his titan being an aircraft fits totaly ...

atlas being the name of the titan who helds up the earth/heavens/sky with its titan being simply superlarge and stomping the earth .. yupp fits well too ..

the ares ... no complains there either ..
    it can get in to armies taking a pounding still being brutal like the god of war himself ...

hellios .. like the sungod ... well it kinda looks like a sun and acts like a chariot for other units :)
  19. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

The ant bug will hardly be on Uber's list of "Things to fix" by the time I'm finished
    stuart98 and cdrkf like this.
  20. l3tuce

l3tuce Active Member

I want to know why "Titans" are named after Olympian gods. They should only be named after Titans. Right now only two of them are. Rename the Zeus to Prometheus (Fire), Rename the Ragnarok to Cronus (Cronus ate his children)
    I'm not sure what to rename the Ares too, maybe Rhea or Oceanus?
    stuart98 likes this.