I found a way to counter hallyed planets

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by Sleeser, September 1, 2015.

1. Sleeser

Sleeser Active Member

I dont know how people will like this idea but just listen.
    How about hallys having 2 options:
    1 send the planet to other planets.
    2 speed up the planets movment and so making it harder for other hallyed plantes to hit the moving planet.

Tell me your thoughts ill be glad to hear them :)
  2. whisperr

whisperr Member

chasing planets until the end of time :)

Nice idea but destroying halleys should be enough. They must fix this. It's essential.
  3. Sleeser

Sleeser Active Member

By fix this you mean returning the craters system?
    philoscience likes this.
  4. huangth

huangth Active Member

I remember Uber said the craters system is broken due to the path finding problem.
    And land units hover above the craters.
    FSN1977 likes this.
  5. Sleeser

Sleeser Active Member

Then idk what to do about them :p i think my idea is very doable ;)
  6. huangth

huangth Active Member

I think it is ok to allow the planet with halley to escape the impact from another halleyed planet.
    But the most important issue is that Uber should allow players to send unit and nuke to the planet after its halley is launched.
    Engineer1234 and igncom1 like this.
  7. whisperr

whisperr Member

No. Current problem is that nukes and unit cannon units never reach moving planet/asteroid. This is what I meant with the fix.
    huangth likes this.
  8. Sleeser

Sleeser Active Member

In that case either uber speeds up units movment in space or make units track shorter
  9. V4NT0M

V4NT0M Well-Known Member

Sounds like a very useful use for nukes and cannons.
  10. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

Asteroid: when activated the target planet is doomed unless there are already nukes/orbital units/unit cannon units en route to it to kill the halley.
    You do however have a couple of minutes to escape the target planet usually because the asteroid belt is far out.

Annihilaser: when activated the target planet is doomed unless you manage to kill the catalysts in the next 20 seconds, you won't.

Ragnarok: when built you have 60 seconds to kill it, nuking from the same planet is possible if you have a nuke ready, but this is easy to counter, don't let them build one.

You know honestly I don't like weapons that can't be countered at all, and the OP's ideas are a workaround, not a solution.
    We used to be able to send nukes to halleyed planets in motion, and also orbital units and unit cannon units, this is needs to become possible again.

The Annihilaser is an easy fix, set charge up time after firing to 5 minutes or what ever you like.
    Pretty sure there are mods for this, I plan to do it for my own War Turtle mod too.
  11. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Personally I would much rather just let craters act like a massive nuke and add a flat, pathable 'crater' decal to the surface like current nukes do. Boom, problem solved. Doesn't need to be an actual CSG crater to fufill a much better gameplay role. Turn asteroids into big nukes please! Maybe with total destruction of the orbital layer.
  12. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

What, you can't nuke planets with active halleys? I hope that gets changed at some point...