Bemused at no Steam Workshop Support?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by vackillers, August 27, 2015.

1. epicblaster117

epicblaster117 Active Member

The people playing on the PA launcher supports my argument, not the other way around, even if 100% of people without steam are using PAMM but 100% of those steam users are not using or know about mods then its still justified to make workshop support. The point is, PA has a rather large amount of owners of the game on steam, and almost none of them even know the game has modding support.
    vackillers and Nicb1 like this.
  2. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

This is sadly true. Whilst I don't care much for the steam version since I use the Uber launcher directly, Steam workshop support if easy to integrate would do nothing but benefit this game.
    epicblaster117 and stuart98 like this.
  3. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

When it comes to steam workshop, more people just simply start using mods. Games like City Skylines / X-Rebirth / Skyrim / The Worms Series / Ark: Survival Evolved / Killing Floor / Total War: Shogun 2 / Civilization V have 1000s of mods listed under steam workshop, everyone has easy one click access to them and their all in one place. Its easier, faster, and much less troublesome for the large majority of the community. For game as moddable as this game is, for the kind of access they keep pushing on steam, it makes absolute sense, now! to have steam workshop integration. Before yes we had absolutely nothing, PAMM has been incredible for us, now PA Titans is out, its all about steam, I think its time they had steam workshop support, it just bemuses me that they still don't have it...

FYI - skyrim is not a mess..... far from it... you can use both or either nexus and steam workshop for like 90% of the mods, and I'll guarantee you most of the newer players will not be using nexus.

When players are given the choice of 3rd party mod imports, or steam workshop, they'll pick steam workshop over 3rd party software almost every single time. Its just a LOT easier, plain and simple, one click and it works.... thats it... end of discussion...

Edit: now if there is some other much more technical reason like uber just simply cannot do it for game engine purposes or something, THAT is perfectly acceptible and I'll shut the f. up lol... because THAT leaves litteratly no argument.... but until uber actually state that, there is no reason for not having workshop support. non what so ever for a game like this., and ya know, might actually sell more copies, ya never know! people like buying games that have steam workshop support!
    Last edited: August 31, 2015
  4. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

Here you go ...
  5. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

thanks for that.
  6. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to have a steam workshop page for PA and have PAMM n it and maps etc.
    I think this would help more players from team find Mods.
    tr4c3rt0ng likes this.