Any new Titans in the works?

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by brandonpotter, August 30, 2015.

1. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

As the title says. I remember back in the day, we backers got a lil peak at a Titan Concept.

[​IMG]

So I was just curious, Will this 'Megabot' ever be made into an actual (Official) Titan? :D
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

No.

That design was bad and it wasn't intended to look good.
  3. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Well, maybe not THAT exact model should be used. But a Bipedal Titan would still be nice to have :D
    epicblaster117 likes this.
  4. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

@squishypon3 already did it I believe :D
  5. sevmek

sevmek Active Member

Yeah, we need the naval titan...

6. Mirolog

Mirolog Well-Known Member

I prefer having a titan without legs. They slide a lot when walking, and it's very noticable on large scale.
    xankar, Elate and igncom1 like this.
  7. epicblaster117

epicblaster117 Active Member

I also would like a Bipedal Titan
  8. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

It's not nearly as professional though ;u;

Also don't count out @zx0 he helped out with the animation and texture mapping! ^^
    cdrkf likes this.
  9. radimentrix

radimentrix New Member

i think that old concept should find its way into the game as a titan :eek: looks pretty cool, lots of rocket launchers/mortars :D
  10. Elate

Elate Active Member

I'd like some fatboy type titan. Moving, submersible factories with big guns is my jam.
  11. radimentrix

radimentrix New Member

fatboy-style is the hover tank i think. large artillery on top, smaller turrets around. just no shield bubble/factory.
    it's a bit sad that the atlas only does that earthquake-thingy. would be awesome if it had some large laser weapons. like the monkeylord or galactic coloss
    igncom1 likes this.
  12. V4NT0M

V4NT0M Well-Known Member

I will pay more money for that bot!!!

Uber please release it, looks so badass!!!

I originally thought this but I think a better idea would be throwing units/rocks at the enemy :D
  13. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

the basebusting shockwave is OP enough already ...
    stuart98 likes this.
  14. Elate

Elate Active Member

I mean, the factory is the bit that's kinda important.

I dunno, personally I'm kinda underwhelmed at the design of all the Titans aside from the Helios (WHICH IS AWESOMELY COOL.)
  15. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

atlas to me has much more badassery going for than any of the experimental assaultunits from supcom .. ..
    ares easily beats both megalisk and fatboy imho ... the only underwelming unit would be the zeus even though its a much more powerful soulripper ..
    wilhelmvx likes this.
  16. Elate

Elate Active Member

I completely disagree there, from a design standpoint anyway I think the Megalith is amazing, it's possibly my favourite experimental. Likewise with the fatboy. And I mean, you can't really compare power across the games, the balance is entirely different.

The Atlas.. I dunno. It makes no sense to me designwise. Giant mega robot.. that just stomps. Also it has arms for no reason. Sure it's amazingly effective, and destructive, just.. doesn't really seem badass to me. Oh, I like the Ragnarok too, that's neat as all hell.

I suppose I'm more interested in uniqueness than sheer destructive power, and the Areas, Atlas and Zeus are all fairly bland.
  17. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

I prefer the Megalith Mk.II personally.

Such a efficient and elegant design.
  18. V4NT0M

V4NT0M Well-Known Member

Ares... I really like it but yes it's a little like just a big tank, in this way though it's similar to the Fatboy and don't see how the Fatboy is much more unique, it is also basically a giant tank. Ares can hover, Fatboy can go underwater... However, I think it would have been awesome if instead of 3 big guns it had two massive railguns!

Atlas... As unique if not more unique than any FA experimental, it's a giant robot that smashes out a massive shockwave of destruction!! And pfff, it uses it's arms to give it more momentum! ;)

Zeus... It fills a niche but i feel that it needs more weaponry or more range. I feel like the soul rippers have the edge here, there's just something about them that doesn't so much look awesome just functionally devastating.

Helios... Very unique, I should use them more often.

See they could have gone the laser route for the Atlas but I think they made a nice mix of niches with the titans, I feel the zeus could do with a functional boost.
  19. radimentrix

radimentrix New Member

might be, but i barely build the atlas because it has no guns. i don't care for the shockwave, it looks cool every now and then but i prefer guns over "close" combat. i'd be fine if they strip the shockwave and give it some cool lasers :) (on the other side then i'd need another shockwave unit if i'd like to take a shockwave screenshot or something ^^ )
  20. Elate

Elate Active Member

Honestly, I feel like swapping the guns of the Areas to the Atlas, and turning the Ares into a "Thumper"-esque unit with the shockwave would have been better.