PA TITANS is so cool, but is plagued with bugs

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by melhem19, August 28, 2015.

?

Are any of you guys have similar errors

1. Yes

21.6%
  2. No

78.4%
  1. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

i was so excited when i heard about PA Titans, so weeks later after it's release, i bought it(2 day ago).

the game i so cool, with all the awesome units and stuff.

i was so happy with it until it start lagging, music lagging, ext.

when i finished installing PA- T, i played GAL WAR, i noticed that the AI is not working right.( it was barely expanding).

later today, the game started lagging, and framerate started to drop to 1 fps. lobby setup start take a lot more than usual, and the game lagged during loading screen, and gameplay.

the fps during gameplay barely stays at 60, it goes 50, 30 20 and below.
    Last edited: August 28, 2015
  2. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

That sounds really frustrating. I think you should try posting about your issue in the support forum, they might be able to suggest some fixes for you? PA:T runs really well for me but my understanding is that since it is on Open GL it can be more variable across set ups. Have you updated your graphics card recently and all drivers? I have noticed that the game can slow down late game particularly if you have very many units on planet wide patrol. I usually select them all and halt them where they are and that speeds it back up.
  3. Elate

Elate Active Member

The AI on normal just lets you stomp it. Apparently people found it too difficult? Up the difficulty. The game lagging sounds like an issue with your PC more than anything.
  4. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

I'v experienced some rare sounds stutter in one or two matches. Otherwise the game works fine for me, maybe check the support forum?
    Nicb1 likes this.
  5. billthebluebot

billthebluebot Active Member

never really had any framerate issues, but a couple games had messed up sound.
    the AI kinda sucks, especially in galactic war, especialyer when you forget to move the difficulty up from normal.
  6. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

Did you check the memory usage? There seems to be an elusive memory leak that shows up for certain OSes. Maybe you should had out to the support forum and file a bug report.
  7. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

Normal AI has been nerfed a couple of times; stick it on Relentless, you'll get a decent challenge!

As for your lagging, I can't say I've ever heard of simultaneous lag, music problems and FPS drops outside of client-end issues

What are your system specs, do you run much in the background and crucially are you running an SLI or crossfire setup?
  8. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

My specs are
    GTX 750 Ti GB
    8 GB RAM
    icore i5 2320 3.0 ghz

I used to run classical PA on uber(Max) setting without any problem
  9. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

Yeah, specs are clearly fine, I don't suppose you updated anything recently?
  10. amphok

amphok Member

ai is abysmally easy, even uber ai is trash

well i have beat sorian AIX(the strongest one) on sup com forged alliance, maybe it's because of this that i find it easy....
  11. mgmetal13

mgmetal13 Active Member

If you find absurd and relentless ai easy (in skirmish mode) than it is time to step up to multiplayer.
    Nicb1 likes this.
  12. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Remember this is Sorian developing the AI here too, so if you find AIX easy in sup com, you'll find Uber AI easy in PA :)

You might want to try @Quitch's 'Queller' AI (available as a mod through PAMM).

Quitch is a high ranked player and has been fine tuning the AI to be more challenging based on the PA meta. It's notably harder in some situations (to get the best fight against AI, vanilla or Queller, set it on a single planet map and then give it an eco advantage- should make it notably more difficult).
  13. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

AIx had resource, build speed, and vision advantages. The AI in PA isn't given any bonuses on any level (in skirmish at least), and the most you can give it is an eco boost in the lobby.

Note that it hasn't been updated for TITANS yet. Some time next week.
    stuart98 and cdrkf like this.
  14. amphok

amphok Member

no sorian aix wasn't easy at all, the only way you could beat it is with many mex at the beginning or not to far away

otherwise it was impossible, and anyway i would not do it again, i'm sure i would lose this time, i'm not young and strong as before, mentally speaking