Lore PA units too small ?

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by ulbot21, August 27, 2015.

?

do you want PA units to be bigger ?

1. yes, bigger is better

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  2. no, current size is good

27 vote(s)
    49.1%
  3. no, i want it smaller

22 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

it's definitely not as simple as that, otherwise you could make bigger planets load faster just by reducing graphical settings
  2. epicblaster117

epicblaster117 Active Member

Honestly if its a lore issue that units seem to small why not just change the scale from meters to something ridiculous like miles if that makes more sense, which considering the unit size vs planet size, I'd actually say something as insane as miles seems about right.
  3. ulbot21

ulbot21 New Member

well, i can't just change the official scale image cause i'm not the creator, it have to be someone from uber.
  4. epicblaster117

Lol I know this, I'm just saying the solution isn't to make the units in engine better but for Uber to simply say hey guys those units are GIGANTIC!
    ulbot21 likes this.
  5. komandorcliff

komandorcliff Member

nonononnonononoNoNoNoNoNONONONOO!

What is this silyness? continent sized robots? ultra tiny planets? titans measuring in merely 60 meters?

debating about lore size of units is pointless if you ignore most promiment scale image we had so far in all of pa, right in game's menu

ladies and gentelmen, behold
    [​IMG]

The vast dunes of rock and sand, looming moons and gas giant in the sky, flat horizon, thousands upon thousands of bots and tanks and atlas with back legs beyond the horizon, significantly taller than the highest earth mountain

Mount everest sized, titans are mount everest sized, supcom experimentals can't even hope to get close to that

and yet you all insist that we scale using this
    [​IMG]

....Seriously?!
    Last edited: August 28, 2015
    lirana, stuart98 and optimi like this.
  6. epicblaster117

The problem is that Uber had a official unit scale, those mountains are like 2 meters high

In other words Uber just needs a proper official scale that makes more sense rather than the meter scale they put out a long time ago, of course scale and massiveness is all relative anyway so unit size is really to the beholder anyways. It's just that due to the scale put out, officially (Or maybe not as the Scale wasn't exactly a lore piece) makes it seem that these units are meters tall, and the planets are like a mile across.
    stuart98 likes this.
  7. tatsujb

Last edited: August 29, 2015
  8. Elate

Elate Active Member

Scale up mountains.
    Scale down units and buildings and trees.

Done. Everything is better. Universe peace is restored.

Seriously though, I do feel like a huge amount of scale is lost. I often make really big planets to make up for it (which y'know, causes things to get kinda laggy.) When just having smaller units and buildings would work better.
    stuart98 and tatsujb like this.
  9. komandorcliff

komandorcliff Member

What? what 2 meter mountains? where did you get the idea i compared anything to ingame mountains? i assumed bots and tanks are in 4-10 meters range using official scale, made assumption about how far away atlas is in that retail art, and deduce its size via comparison between the two (bots and tanks vs atlas comparison)

its somewhere between 1 and 10 kilometers tall, i compared him to real life earth mountains, not in game poor excuse of gameplay abstraction of mountains, and second picture is here only to display how heavily abstracted gameplay scale is, and thats its completely silly to use it to scale anything

Uber employe here already said that single tree stands for forest, its not that much of a stretch that single dox or tank stand for hundreds, and single mountain for enormous mountain range, in a matter of fact, by assuming otherwise you are going to get silly numbers like continent sized robots or ultra tiny planets, how many times it needs to be said its complete and utter obvious abstraction?! no official scale or uber statement is needed, a half working logical brain is

seriously, i dont know who could ever think planets are really mile across, its obvious that its abstraction, you just need to think a bit, surely humans are not that stupid? right? RIGHT?! who am i kidding, i already seen so much "tiny planets" lore theories its ridiculous

and finaly, if somebody really want to scale those mountains using in game sillyness, then they are between 8 to 40 meters tall, not 2

and before somebody says something, i do not and never was talking about in game scale, because this thread is not about game scale but lore scale and everyone apparently forgot or missed that part and i would prefer smaller units and tress in contrast to csg brushes, im in the same wagon as @Elate up here

Who, ME?! [EDIT] oh

Edit: oh, one more thing, that supcom scale image at the start of the thread is actualy wrong, acu's are stated to be near 30 meters, not 90, if i recall correctly somebody incorrectly scaled them using cybran residential buildings
    [​IMG]
    this is the correct scale
  10. tatsujb

11. V4NT0M

V4NT0M Well-Known Member

That scale makes a lot more sense.
    stuart98 and komandorcliff like this.
  12. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

I can see all units from space, don't think they need to be bigger. ;)
    stuart98 and komandorcliff like this.
  13. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

In your lore, units can be as big as you want them to be.

Oh also, sorry I have to.

Size doesn't matter its what you do with it

IM SORRY OK SOMEONE HAD TO MAKE THE JOKE
    epicblaster117 likes this.