Gates in Walls

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by firestorm84, August 27, 2015.

1. firestorm84

firestorm84 New Member

So, I have been playing PA for a while and recently started playing the Titans expansion. I love the multi level terrain and natural chokepoints which make many base defenses more viable. I have been trying to figure out how to create gates/doors in the walls, but have not been able to find any mention of this. I know this is a dumb question, but can you make gates/doors in the walls? Or was this left out of the game for some reason? Thanks in advance!
  2. whisperr

whisperr Member

Currently you can't. But I like the idea.
  3. firestorm84

firestorm84 New Member

Well, at least I am not missing anything :)

Uber, please consider adding the ability for friendly units to pass through walls at designated points. Throughout history, all walls in warfare have had an entrance of some sort that could allow friendly units through while stopping enemy units. I don't see why super-advanced robots would not have be able to do this as well.
  4. pjkon1

pjkon1 Member

Better yet just don't have walls block friendly pathing at all. They look sort of like energy shields so this would make sense that they could be turned off.
    Elate, devoh, huangth and 2 others like this.
  5. firestorm84

firestorm84 New Member

Yes, that is a great idea. This would be thematic and would probably require a lot less coding/design to implement. If friendly fire can pass through, why not friendly units?
  6. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

yupp would like gates too .. similar to shieldwalls just that your troops can walk throgh but the enemy not ...
  7. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

On the one hand I like the idea that units can just pass through the walls, but on the other hand it's already really annoying to get them to stay behind them. If they could just pass through then they'd be all over the place. I wouldn't mind them running on power so I could just switch them off when I need to pass through.
    tatsujb and moldez like this.
  8. thefluffybunny

thefluffybunny Active Member

You can, sort of, with clever use of teleporters.
  9. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

Could you have them 'use power' with a power requirement of '0', so that you can use the power hotkey to raise/lower the walls without it actually draining power/switching off when out of power?
  10. pjkon1

pjkon1 Member

Good point. I have to change my mind on this. I always keep my units behind my walls by assisting them on a wall and letting the collisions keep them on the right side. This would stop working if they no longer blocked units. Pieman' idea is better.
  11. calmesepai

calmesepai Member

Logged on to like this post make it happen:)
  12. MrTBSC

too energy intensive ... also enemy can get through it which would require micro
  13. MrTBSC

why you guys no use hold position?