My Kickstarter planet names

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by tenaciousc, August 27, 2015.

1. tenaciousc

tenaciousc Active Member

I still haven't come across the planets that I named as a Kickstarter backer. Is there a way to confirm that they are actually in the game? Has anyone else come across them? They are:

ChazCo. Mining Colony CEMF815-75
    Fraser's Folly

I've been playing GW exclusively, are the backer planet names in GW?
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Good question, but yeah, they are. All of the planet names are in "<PA Install Dir>/ui/main/game/galactic_war/legacy/media/json/names.json" and ChazCo. Mining Colony is indeed there. I don't think that that particular file is being used anymore, but your planet names also appear inside the PA executable itself. I mention the legacy file because it's easier to read. Unfortunately for you, there are 4614 names in there, so the odds are kind of stacked against you ever seeing that.
    tenaciousc likes this.
  3. tenaciousc

tenaciousc Active Member

Wow! Thank you for looking! Good to know. I just have to be patient. That's all I wanted to know.
  4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, really patient. Probability theory says you have a 50% chance or seeing one of your planets at least once after 1599 planets have been generated. So always play those Uber-sized Galactic Wars!

(5310 planets to get a 90% chance of seeing one of your planets at least once)

That being said. I'm sure that so many planets are generated on a daily basis for the entire PA player base. So at least a few players are probably seeing your planet names in their GWs right now. :)
    philoscience likes this.
  5. stevenrs11

stevenrs11 Active Member

I've seen Frazier's Folly once. I remember because I know someone with that last name, heh.
  6. tenaciousc

tenaciousc Active Member

Thank you! I feel better now. But was it Frazier's Folly or Fraser's Folly? Mine is Fraser's Folly.
  7. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

There are about 5000 names in the list, so your chance of seeing it is pretty small. I can confirm the names are in the source code.
    PhoneySpring646 and tenaciousc like this.
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

9. tenaciousc

tenaciousc Active Member