This kinda backfired

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by killerkiwijuice, August 25, 2015.

1. Morloc

Morloc New Member

Which are the "KS commander models"?

-Morloc
  2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

almost any you see in the armory other than the baseset, the theta , the delta and one which's name escapes me .. it looks like a tyranid .. something lisk .. everything else other than the baseset however are exclusives as well ...

baseset being
    invictus, rallus, osiris, centurion, nemicus and one more i forgot
    dom314 likes this.
  3. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

Poor Aeson, always forgotten.
  4. MrTBSC

let me guess .. that is the tankcommander and rallus is the skinny one?
  5. dom314

6. MrTBSC

EVERY time that mixup ... uh
  7. dom314

Pssst... shh.... uhh, I had to look it up....don't tell anyone....
    MrTBSC likes this.
  8. Morloc

Morloc New Member

I think a couple special retail commanders, and a contest-won one exist as another group as well.

OK....so I have the Alpha, Delta, Progenitor, Theta and Ajax commanders...those are the "exclusive" KS ones?

-Morloc
  9. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

No the really exlkusive ones are the ones made for 1000$ kickstarter backers.
  10. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Alpha and progenitor are the kickstarter coms.

Delta is for kickstarter and the higher tier uber website packages.

Theta and Ajax are both early access exclusives so only available up until game went live.

Calyx and gamma are exclusive to the boxed collectors edition.

Then there are all the paid for com's, which all belong to various 1k backers (who get a cut of the proceeds when someone buys them).
  11. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

And then there is this dark spot: the Able commander.
  12. cdrkf

Well that is no longer playable, and the community did do a nice job of raising money for the charity. Hopefully we can do another able gamers event as it was pretty unique and good fun :)
    MrTBSC, crizmess and squishypon3 like this.
  13. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Yiss! ^^
  14. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

There may or may not already be something in the pipeline.
    squishypon3 and cdrkf like this.
  15. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

btw the commander chart should be pinned on this forum
  16. Morloc

Morloc New Member

You sure about that? I have those, and to the best of my knowledge, am not a KS.

-Morloc
  17. cdrkf

They were the kickstarter commanders *however* for a while at least some of the higher Uber store purchases included them too.

If you look at the kickstarter page, Progenitor was offered to all 'beta' level backers (so $50+), Alpha was for all alpha backers ($90+).
  18. lostmekka

lostmekka Member

I like this thread; it changes topic every hour it seems :D

But I wanted to say something to the rip-off/greed thing:
    It seems like the world is adopting the Microsoft method. With that I mean that we somehow assume that every one of us is a total idiot, we don't know anything, have no agency over the world or even our own lives and therefore we must be protected. Otherwise we will take the first opportunity to do something wrong, get abused or accidentally jump off a cliff.

Do you ever wondered why Windows is asking you whether you really want to rename that file, because it could not function properly anymore if you did? It is because it is the public belief that we cannot entrust some stranger with something "that technical", he wouldn't possibly understand.

I feel that this world is more and more tailored for idiots. You can see that everywhere and that is no coincidence. You can just say "Its too complicated" and never have to explain anything again. Nobody sees the mistakes you make if you just make it look complicated. What a great way for politics to keep in control. But this approach has its very nasty downsides.

The more you say "the people need protection", the more these people rely on that protection, making them more and more susceptible to any *real* exploits, thus they need even more protection.

The area of gaming is great for applying the Microsoft method, because much of the society still has that image in mind of the little boy desperately clinging to his gameboy, having no agency over his life whatsoever. Many people unconsciously conform to this and think this is how life is supposed to be. We are systematically breeding idiots, especially in the gaming department of life. Almost nobody knows of the work and effort that it takes for a game to be made, marketed and supported.

And here is where it gets hairy: Among the blind, the one-eyed is king. There are people that feel the urge to step in that protector-role, that has been left open so conveniently, to save all us gamers from our own incompetency to see the so-called truth. I have the feeling that we have our very own protector in this thread ;)

I really like PA, because it is demanding. You are encouraged to get insights into the system by modding the game. The development is transparent, unless some mystery surprise needs a bit of secrecy ^^ This community has many very talented people and there is much to learn from them and from the whole project in general. Personally, I think even this alone was worth the 90€. For me this project is a stronghold against the Microsoft method. This also is probably the reason why I write these long posts :D

What I was trying to say is that we don't need someone to protect us, to tell us that we are being ripped off. We are humans with own brains and we can decide whether to feel or not to feel ripped off ourselves, thank you very much ;)
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  19. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

Uh, wait. I thought this is the Apple method.
    (Yes, I'm trying to get into a Apple vs. Microsoft thing, just to have another topic for the next few hours)
    lostmekka likes this.
  20. lostmekka

lostmekka Member

I also like to call it the Merkel method.
    cola_colin likes this.