Please for the love of god fix this game on AMD

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by core1989, August 26, 2015.

1. core1989

core1989 New Member

Good point.

I like the game in terms of what can be done. Destroying a whole planet well that is awesome. Area Commands. Setting camera angles and all.

Really this issue is down to AMD/Nvidia.

AMD's Issue is white listing the game in 3d applications and disabling crossfire does not actually disable crossfire.

Oddly this works for every other game. Ive added every single exe in the games directory.

I wonder if Nvidia has the exact same issue but for SLI.

Uber could just end up supporting SLI and Crossfire that would be the best outcome. The video settings are a little bland and boring anyway.
    g0hstreaper likes this.
  2. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

This is NOT a troll, nor flame bait.. but how is this Uber's fault and something they need to fix? Are you saying that Uber is putting in special calls that only work on Nvidia cards? I'm just trying to understand how this is not an AMD issue that AMD needs to get their drivers working properly. Uber is coding as far as I know in opengl.. so either your card's drivers support opengl correctly or they don't but either way I don't see how that is Uber's fault. What am I missing? Honest question.
    Last edited: August 26, 2015
  3. core1989

core1989 New Member

Its not something they need to fix but its something they should fix. No who would do that it would be discovered and would equal less sales and then everyone else would get a refund. Google through the Internet and you will find that this problem is happening right now on AMD and Nvidia cards.

I'm not saying its 100 percent Ubers problem and everyone should know software does work like that. You have to think of software as layers of a cake. First we have Windows 10 hell it could even be a problem with that accept other users have this problem and they are not on windows 10 its across operating systems which most likely means its not entirely a software issue. Then you have the graphics card drivers that interface with game now they could not be interfacing properly not drawing or refreshing the UI properly and therefore would need a patch. Then you have the game itself and well it could be a problem but not 100 percent Ubers problem.

If people could understand me in this world it would be awesome...

Im saying most likely it is a AMD problem but I did point out that Uber mucked up a little and is missing one wee file from the game which is nothing more than the sound of the commander walking around and this is out of a public test build.

Game developers are normally approached by Nvidia or AMD and they then put their branding on it if they agree to work in house together. This means the game will be more suited to run on that hardware be it AMD on Nvidia it will still work on both but one is not as optimized as the other.
  4. Abaddon1

Abaddon1 Active Member

Yeah, crossfire and SLI have always been more than a little picky. I haven't used crossfire in ages.

I do remember that there have been fairly persistent problems with some of the AMD drivers throughout development doing weird things.

As bgolus said last year.
    core1989 likes this.
  5. core1989

core1989 New Member

I agree on my other machine with the gtx 760 games seem to run better than on my machine with AMD however my machine with AMD runs two cards and its always better running one over running two
  6. Matster

Matster Active Member

All I can say is that I have no issues with PA or PA:Titans on my low end R9 270X 2GB ram version. This is purelly a crossfire problem and game works fine on single amd cards.
  7. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

Can you try running the game with the command line parameter:
    --software-ui

That should help with UI rendering issues. Also, a change went out yesterday which attempted to help resolve this issue.