PA: TITANS is live!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, August 18, 2015.

1. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what I am more impressed with.. the fact that they actually developed all this stuff with all the other things they were working on.. or that we had no idea at all this was coming.. best kept secret ever. Well played Uber, well played. :)
    stuart98, Remy561, MrTBSC and 3 others like this.
  2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

again were are speaking about 1 rts game that is not even a series

2 moba likes .. of which one was hampered by it´s publisher and the other simply not profitable due to being beaten by it´s competitors by a magnitude ..

and one platformer ...

hardly compareable with the many games and series EA has under it´s belt ..

WHAT are the critical problems for PA ?
    tigerwarrior likes this.
  3. bastianforge

bastianforge New Member

Played a few games of PA: Titans and I hate to admit it but I did enjoy it more than I should have :D

So far I tried out vehicle tech mainly and couldn't resist building the Manhattan, pure awesome design if you ask me, could do with a bit of a health reduction so it would have to be protected more than at this moment. Also the stationary bot-artillery made it to my personal top 5 units in rts games, the idea seemed funny enough but it actually made me laugh whenever it shot out the lil'bots :)

I'd wager this brought 'Awesome!' back to Uber and PA and was money well spent :p

-Bastian
  4. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

If Uber were anything like EA the SMNC servers would have been shut off a long time ago.
    stuart98, tigerwarrior and MrTBSC like this.
  5. Going4Quests

Going4Quests Active Member

And we'd be on Planetary Annihiliation 3.
    tigerwarrior and huangth like this.
  6. winmancaboose

winmancaboose New Member

I was playing the galactic war in the original Planetary Annihilation game and I came across the Titan technology and the resource reduction technology for the Titan also but I cannot build the Titan. So I wonder if this means that you can get all of the new new units in the original game.
    Last edited: August 20, 2015
  7. jables

jables Uber Employee

Afraid not. Just a bug when we did the rebalance of Galactic War.
  8. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

I hope something will be done about the 'free Titans' exploit. Its spread all across the Steam forums like wildfire.

That probably explains why the forums have calmed down a bit, since they now know they can play PA:Titans in Singleplayer without paying a dime. Which is essentially pirating I think?
    Last edited: August 20, 2015
  9. nevr0n

nevr0n New Member

Kind of comes along with it being DRM-free as the kickstarter said it would be, no?
  10. broadsideet

broadsideet Active Member

This update impressed me greatly. Money well spent. Thanks for the product, Uber!
    Gorbles and stuart98 like this.
  11. brandonpotter

I know, but there is probably a way to make it so people cant get a free expansion upgrade so easily then just copy/pasting files.
  12. MrTBSC

which would be about capturing points than building bases as a free to play that then gets canceled and the devteam behind it disbanded ....
    stuart98 likes this.
  13. brandonpotter

^ Etherium
  14. MrTBSC

actualy i was referencing c&c twilight which just was sooo bad and generals 2
    etherium afaik isn't even a ea game nor free to play neither a series yet, no?
    stuart98 likes this.
  15. brandonpotter

lol, It will never be in a series. A month after it was released, the devs abandoned it.

If Steam wants any example of a Cash grab, its Etherium. LOL.
  16. MrTBSC

... wouldn't call it a cashgrab ... that game just failed ... hard ... realy hard
  17. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Yeah it was an Indy company working for a producer afaik. Made what they were asked for and it failed. I played the beta. Wasn't fun and pretty slow.
    stuart98 likes this.
  18. Going4Quests

Going4Quests Active Member

It's really to bad what happend to Command & Conquer. They made like 5 games before Tiberian Twilight which all got canceled, resulting into the game having almost no budget. They actually did ahve big plans for it, but due to no budget, it failed huge. They planned Supreme Commander scale maps and bases, with huge customisation.

Each player would have an unique army. Too bad, really. The scrin would also have their final coming to the "Earth will fall" of Tiberium Wars.

One of the other games they planned was a sequel to Tiberium Wars which would be a fps called Tiberium, where the scrin towers activated and the invasion came. :p
  19. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

It's the benefit of being a relatively-small studio with only a few products.

For all the hate EA gets, it simply isn't financially-viable to do the same for their entire backlog. I mean, heck, Battle for Middle Earth 2 MP was only shut off last year or the year before.
  20. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

Who should i be emailing to grab the key from my alpha backing?