Ideas for Next Expansion

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by felipec, August 25, 2015.

1. Matster

Matster Active Member

Upgradable commanders, shields, asteroids not destroying planets (only the surface), beefing up Titans that are extremely underpowered for experimentals and actual singleplayer campaign with story. Also options to shutdown nukes in game or other doomsday weapons. Basically more variety to the game.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

not necessarily

honestly as a linux user and a modder i find coherentui comes with it's load of problems. i think it's responsible for the jittery icons because it calculates icon positions in 3D space rather then map them to the 2D surface that is your screen
  3. Going4Quests

Going4Quests Active Member

Yes, when I discovered the UI is so cheaply made, I laughed myself to death almost seeing this is a company who did this. Oh man, Uber will get blast away when a big company makes a true RTS again. Act of Agression looks promising. For now PA:TITANS will do.
  4. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

"Warning, Wormsign!"

+11 Would pay for the expansion twice to hear that line in-game. Oh the memories.
  5. meir22344

meir22344 Active Member

why not use the abandoned human resources concept art and races as a basis for designing a new faction
    Remy561, philoscience and tatsujb like this.
  6. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

this guy.

this guy for president.
    Remy561 and Elate like this.
  7. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

There will be no craters, and we already had another pass on smashing. Craters and changing planet is a big no-no, and will not be done, because its way too hard to do. It was already discussed.
  8. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

I would rather have more units that matters and are unique than more factions. Making more units for one faction is easier, and I hope Uber sticks to it. I dont really care what casual players wants about those stupid multiple factions.
    MrTBSC likes this.
  9. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

I like this thread.

I'd like to see a Biomes 2.0 which means
    • Lava like this
    [​IMG]
    • Reclaimable rocks or old wreckages.
    • Different kinds of resource options like geothermal spots.
    • Some cool effects on the biomes like random exploding volcano's, smoke effects birds flying you name it. As long as it doesn't mess to much with readability
    • A new sort of biome with alien looking plants different colour of water. Something like the picture below but more on the edge of weirdness
    • [​IMG]
    • More difference in Biomes. For instance in ta in the ice biome units were slower. Stuff like that could also be done in pa maybe? I'm not sure what kind of specific difference would be good.

Maybe as a different expansion I'd add more atmosphere to space. I think the looks of the asteroid belt is soo coool. Something like nebula's would be awesome too. Especially if we could fly in them, harvest extra resources and build space bases and have space battles in them.
    Remy561, tatsujb, Matster and 2 others like this.
  10. meir22344

meir22344 Active Member

Ok yes it is easier to only have one faction and only add units to that faction but eventually the number of new units is going to snowball and the role's of certain units are going to overlap making some units redundant, having other factions allows you to spread these new units out this help's to try and stop the role overlap.

having other factions also allows there to be greater diversity in art/design styles since the units belonging to different factions have to look different and unique.

personally if uber didn't add a new faction i think it would be best if they stopped adding new units after a certain point and started releasing faction skins as skin bundle's that act like the commanders in the armory with all the profit going to uber this allows them to keep the balance that they will eventually achieve, add more art/design diversity to the game and give them a more long term cash-flow that can help create new-games or even a squeal to PA.
    chattyrazzy likes this.
  11. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

We still have a lot to add.
    klavohunter likes this.
  12. Going4Quests

Perhaps random generated can rarely have craters? So that they're already there as part of the terrain when the game starts?
    MrTBSC and igncom1 like this.
  13. felipec

felipec Active Member

So was hard to do giant robots, and there are giant robots now.
  14. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

if it was as possible as with titans we would have it by now ... the devs explained it .. it was too difficult for the ammount of time and resources they had access to .. they couldn't get it to a state where it doesn't bug out in some way
    Last edited: August 27, 2015
  15. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

It's far too late for that.
    stuart98 likes this.
  16. ulbot21

ulbot21 New Member

i want more lore and story.
    Going4Quests and Matster like this.
  17. Going4Quests

As I've been saying everywhere, I'd love to pay for a Campaign expansion!
  18. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

More System Editing abilities. Binary systems, nebulae generation, increased gameplay viability between planets (as an additional layer between each planet's orbital layers).

Continuous improvement on the technology behind the game. I'm not really interested in more units and stuff, though I expect them as a matter of course. Maybe burrowing units (extending on the submersible concept). Or the ability to design units to a certain extent. NPC events that occur on-planet, preferably for SP encounters but also for MP scenarios should players choose to enable such a feature.
    sigmud2 likes this.
  19. Phireh

Phireh Member

I always thought that a perfect enemy for a PA campaign would be a planet sized robot, Galactus style.

4568528-galactus_by_nickhrh-d5swbns.jpg
    klavohunter likes this.
  20. Geers

Geers Post Master General

I think it should be giant sandworm-shaped.
    sigmud2 and stuart98 like this.