Ideas for Next Expansion

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by felipec, August 25, 2015.

1. felipec

felipec Active Member

So, TITANS is awesome and added a lot to the game, but someone has to dream, right?
    What do you want to see in the next expansion (assuming there will be one, ofcourse). Here is my list (may suit to more than one expansion)

1 - New pass on asteroids x planets
    Small asteroids hitting larger planets should destroy all the units on the planet, but leave the planet habitable again after. What we need is something like this (without the debris)

So, asteroid hits planet, huge lava creater appear and the shockwave destroys averything. Planet x Planet should act as they do now.

2 - Multi unit transport.
    You have unit cannon, right! But umbrellas take the pods down very easly that having an option to transport many units at the same time is good

3 - Shields
    No bubble shields, but moveable units that protect your army to some degree, allowing to go further without losing units. These units can also be used to protect your base, ofcourse.

4 - Air and Naval teleport
    Because, you know...

5 - New pass on optimization
    They are doing a great job and the game runs much better now, but I still have to delete my doxs at the late game

6 - New Faction

7 - Scripted Single Player Campaing
    devoh, Remy561, Matster and 2 others like this.
  2. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Id rather we flesh out the existing factions.
    g0hstreaper likes this.
  3. billthebluebot

billthebluebot Active Member

a couple of special units and buildings for each existing faction would be wonderful.
  4. Geers

Geers Post Master General

[​IMG]
  5. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

I'd prefer advanced planet generation to create more interesting battlefields.

Or some engine upgrades, e.g. the thread per planet thingy, although that probably would have to be applied over the whole game, and not just limited to certain addons.

Don't want to be negative, but pls no shields. That only adds another level of headaches, SupComs mobile shield units were already incredibly clunky to use. PA also got very fast unit production and movement, so there isn't much of a reason imo not to just go for trading. I find that much more interesting than some gussing game whose shields gonna break first.
    Last edited: August 25, 2015
    conallw, MrTBSC and igncom1 like this.
  6. lordwhoot

lordwhoot New Member

I've played a few games and I love the thing, the orbital battleship is awesome,

the things I would like to see,

mass transports, maybe a orbital craft for this.
    because the big impact the Titans have a tier 3 and then the Titan tier (sorry like Supcom for this is the second game who brings Total Annihilation back alive) and that would balance the Titans more.
    second faction,
    a bit more Orbital units.

Can't think of anything else, the game is Epic!!
    tracert likes this.
  7. amphok

amphok Member

i want
    -multiple solar system mechanics
    -more emphasis on space combat if the firsst point is true
    -better unit's sounds
    -faction but not a clone of each other, they must be different, not 100% different, but different enough, otherwise don't bother
    -more units, but not redundant units
    -some forms of shields, maybe anti-bullets units, instead of standard shields
    -stronger bot, like the can and sumo, so people do not rush for exp all the time
  8. eagle722

eagle722 Member

Oh yes! Could you imagine a mod / expansion with a faction that is more "organic" and less "mechanic"? Like a faction tired of the technology world and people destroying planet! Using EMP, giants animals and having shield or being able to disable momently the big rockets propelling a moon to your face :D
  9. Elate

Elate Active Member

-Space hulks/Artifacts to capture which give unique advantages (special units, special weapon installation, etc) so long as you can keep them. Generally a greater focus on control point type gameplay, and more map interaction.
    -Ways to beef up/upgrade the commander, basically how it was in SupCom. They quickly become useless T1 fabs very fast as things are.
    -Space platforms/floating continents. In short, chunks of map, perhaps left over from a planets destruction.
    -Bubble shields. I AM A TURTLE AND THIS IS MY SHELL.

While I'd love to see a tentacle faction similar to that in human resources, with zerg creep like mechanics, I can't see that being remotely within any scope of an expansion.

-Spice.
    eagle722 and deathcoy like this.
  10. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

what i definitevely would like
    orbital, air and hovercraft multiunitransports aswell as orbital carriers as well as factory assistfunction and ferrysystem .. some more hovercrafts but maybe in a dedicated factory
    orbital and naval teleporters
    mavor/scathislike (or buzzsaw/vulcan) static interplanetary artillerybattery maybe in the form of a missilelauncher ...
    Last edited: August 25, 2015
  11. Corgiarmy

Corgiarmy Active Member

A campaign. Majority of players play single player. PA and pa titans could setup a cool story arch and game play. Doesn't even have to be too elaborate. 10 missions (maps) of slightly increasing difficulty of ai and different number of enemy comanders.
    eagle722 likes this.
  12. radimentrix

radimentrix New Member

majority of players play singleplayer? really? that gives way more freedom for new things that all the "mp-peasants" wouldn't like :3
  13. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

huh

that's looking more and more like a thing uber may do
    calmesepai, Geers and cdrkf like this.
  14. Geers

Geers Post Master General

They damn well better. Those scammers owe me the Giant Sandworms that I paid for!

jokepostisjoke.
  15. calmesepai

calmesepai Member

Could be Ubers new super secret game
  16. imperatorurist

imperatorurist Member

Would love it if they got rid of CoherentUI. HTML and javascript for the UI has some weird problems mainly because it can break rather easily, might be the whole reason system designer hardly ever ******* saves.
    philoscience and tatsujb like this.
  17. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

But then it'd be much less moddable. ;-;
  18. imperatorurist

imperatorurist Member

Be better to have something that works first.
    maskedcrash likes this.
  19. aevs

aevs Post Master General

For me, responsiveness trumps mod-ability. The results of a mouseover or button click should be near instantaneous. Right now the UI lags a lot, which can be pretty frustrating. :(
  20. probodobodyne

probodobodyne Active Member

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/upgrades-commander-or-otherwise.69881/

Relevant thread guys, could use your input here too.
    badfucatus likes this.