PA:T content was just removed from all PA owners - Today

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by thewatcherai, August 25, 2015.

?

Was this a good idea?

1. Yes

92.1%
  2. No

7.9%
  1. thewatcherai

thewatcherai New Member

An update that was just pushed out removed the "pa_ex1" folder from all vanilla PA owners.

I am just guessing here but was this in response to the MOD that let PA owners use Titans in MP?

Do you think this will upset ppl? Do you think ppl who where upset at Uber got what they deserve?

Does what just happened change the argument about PA:T as a stand alone expansion?

Does this mean will see PA come back to the store since PA and PA:T now are truly different?
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

This isn't to upset people, it's just to remove useless size on your hard drive. But I bet it will... Surely it will haha.
    cwarner7264, Nicb1, Remy561 and 8 others like this.
  3. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

I can't seem to find the thread about the new PTE. Where is it?
  4. jables

jables Uber Employee

should be up in a few.
    Remy561, stuart98 and devoh like this.
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

A reasonable thing to do, though I am sure there will be somebody throwing hate speech about it.
    Nothing new in the internet :)
    cwarner7264, radongog, Nicb1 and 6 others like this.
  6. mysticalfists

mysticalfists Member

I voted yes, but was surprised to see 14 of 14 votes were Yes this is a good idea. From what I've read and been told, the files weren't supposed to be used in standard PA anyway so it's like 170MB's of garbage for standard PA owners.
    radongog and stuart98 like this.
  7. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

What did you expect? Due to the fact that the exploit was massivly advertised.

From a technical point of view this is even a bit ironical, since up until this point both releases were treated equally (it was the same binary blob) but from this point on PA and PA:T are two distinct releases.
    Nicb1 and stuart98 like this.
  8. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

Eh, it was just some bug in the distribution. Nothing to write home about.
  9. eagle722

eagle722 Member

I just have PA now (and not PA:T), I didn't try the units through PA and thought it was bad to try them.
    But I remember Jables (if I remember correctly) saying that it was okay because it was only in solo so it was kind off like a "solo demo". I understand it's not all his decisions ^.^ I am just glad I didn't exploited this "bug" (for me it's a bug).
    Ok now next stuff to do: improve PA / PA:T :D
  10. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

There were more then one exploit.
    The one with copy&pasta, where jables said it would be okay if you want to do this for yourself.
    Then a mod appeared which made titans playable in custom multi player matches, that one was pulled from PAMM by the author on request from Uber.
    And a few days later a hack appeared on the change.org site where you can unlock the complete functionality of PA:T within PA. And it looks like this pulled the trigger for Uber.
    eagle722 likes this.
  11. eagle722

eagle722 Member

Waw o_o people never loose time to exploit games...