Factories assisting factories

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by benipk, August 25, 2015.

1. benipk

benipk New Member

Hey guys,

I've searched the forums, but can't find any threads relating to this one, so here goes:

Are we ever going to get the SupCom feature where one factory could have a build list and be set to build indefinitely, and then any number of factories could be set to assist it? In terms of easing up on micromanagement this was easily one of the best features in the game. It allowed for a the build roster of a single factory of a given type to be tweaked, without needing to manage what can end up as hordes of factories of the same type late game.

I understand that the way SupCom did it might be hard to code, in that the build list was intelligently allocated amongst all assisting factories. Even just a system where the assisting factories copy the build list from the master factory (as well as single/indefinite build status) and recheck at the end of each build for any changes would be great!
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

It's on the list of things that can probably be done via a mod through the new APIs. Haven't checked the details yet, but it is on my personal "do want to mod it in" list.
  3. lafncow

lafncow Active Member

I might be misunderstanding (never played SuperCom), but what you can do in PA that might help is:
    Select a factory and press "z" to select all the visible same-type factories, or just drag and multi-select. Then you can start a queue that applies across the factories, including different type of units. You can set them all to have the same rally or other commands, etc. Sure, you have to start a new queue, rather than assisting an existing one, but it's pretty fast.
  4. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

It was easier with master and slave factories as you'd only have to change one factories queue to change all the slaves' queues.
  5. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

Never played SC?!!? I would still put it on the must have list. Can be found really cheap on steam sales.
  6. lafncow

lafncow Active Member

Hah, yeah, I think I may have to check it out! I was always a diehard TA fan.
    devoh likes this.
  7. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Get FA not SC1, aight? =)
  8. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

Oh my YES, SC: FA (Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance) not just SC nor SC2.. then search for the mods.. oh so many awesome mods.. thanks for clearing that up @squishypon3 :oops: