Lob viability?

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by Greendolph, August 24, 2015.

1. LeadfootSlim

LeadfootSlim Well-Known Member

I'm definitely intrigued by the appeal of firing Dox from the water, as well as over mountain ranges. I can also see it being combined with artillery to create some serious area denial early on.
  2. Regabond

Regabond Member

I've used the Lob a tiny bit as an anti-harassment weapon. A few of them spaced out across the edges of your main bases will allow them to fire at all of your outer extractors to defend against small raiding parties. Not sure if that's efficient though.
  3. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

it needs to be cheaper and/or it needs a slightly longer range, imo
  4. ryanbatc

ryanbatc New Member

I think the reload time is too long. Is there a way to change what units shoot out?
  5. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

that's how i've used them so far

seems like it's not getting the love it deserves

it needs to be rebalanced into something usefull
  6. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

I think it's cool as a way of getting cannon fodder to confuse an enemy army before it attacks.

I would like it build dox with a limited life span, so as to prevent the creation of a infinite army.

Or possibly a dox with a flaw, as to make them inherently a undesirable unit for any real army, but useful distractions.
  7. huangth

huangth Active Member

I think you misunderstanding something.
    Current Lob does not create the free dox without the metal, it just doesn't display the consumption on it.

In my opinion, the Lob is a dox only factory with a hidden power planet for itself only.
    It builds the dox more faster than the bot factory builds.
    However, I still not recommend to build this arty to replace the bot factory in early game.
    Since it is more expensive, this delays the early expansion.
    The bot factory can allow player to create the first troops faster.
  8. elodea

elodea Post Master General

hrm.. nah it doesn't. It has same build power as bot factory, and the bot actually costs 15 more metal (60 as opposed to 45)
    huangth, stuart98 and temeter like this.
  9. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

In that case I guess it's really just a fun idea, but not really usefull in any way.
    stuart98 likes this.
  10. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

This.

It would have been really interesting if they gave it infinite range or something. A dox in your enemies mex field is worth two fresh off the factory, yada yada yada.