What do YOU LIKE MOST about Titans?

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by wpmarshall, August 23, 2015.

1. whiskeyninja

whiskeyninja Member

Every layer (orbital, land, sea) feels fleshed out. The variety in terrain makes the game feel much more like Total Annihilation. It's a shame we'll never get mesas and canyons like the concept art, but even the 2-3 level ramped plateaus add a bunch of variety.

Now if only gameplay was a touch slower, and lasers were beefed up a bit. :)
    philoscience likes this.
  2. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

As far as 1v1s go, I like the wreckages, increased health on the fabbers, cheaper t2, and the hover tanks. Like the different levels on the maps too.
  3. radimentrix

radimentrix New Member

i really love the titans and the new orbital battleship :D especially ares and zeus. it's a bit of a shame that atlas doesn't have some cool laser guns though ^^
  4. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I'm personally loving the new t1 units. Teslas in large numbers are really powerful, though have the downside of being totally reliant on energy which I think is a nice trade off (kind of like the 'can' from TA).

Also the hover tank... such fun to use them for sneaky raiding on lava maps and a nice way to bolster naval forces on maps like pacific :)
    PhoneySpring646 and radimentrix like this.
  5. zodiusinfuser

zodiusinfuser Member

I am enjoying the new hovercraft, orbital units and Titans as well as the new terrain features. It's nice to have defensible positions on the map. Been playing a lot online and with my friends locally and I have to say, it reminds me so much of playing Forged Alliance back when that was new. Had several epic matches over the past few days. Turns out Ragnaroking a Metal Planet that's about to fire is VERY satisfying :D

I look forward to seeing what plans Uber have for the future of PA if this does well for them, as long as they don't stay quiet about it for another 10 months ;)
  6. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

I think shields would be a wonderful addition to this expansion.
    PhoneySpring646 likes this.
  7. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

I didn't yet test most of the units, but I love the orbital changes. The simple rock/paper/stone dynamic is already huge improvement. Also much cooler to fly around with whole fleets, be it a bunch of small, mobile crafts or a bunch of slow battlecruisers plus so support.

Also, the effects! Noticed it during a small bombing run, had to wonder if the effects always looked so amazing first. While they always looked good, it feels really like Uber did took a few suggestions and tuned them, e.g. by making them brighter, generally making them feel more 'kinetic'.
  8. amphok

amphok Member

it should expand more in the space thing, more combat in space, maybe they can add multiple solar system as a "map"
  9. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

i think I just like the backtrack on the no-experiamentals dogma and how everyone rolled with that without question, that's also great! :D

I like the Atlas in particular. ridiculously OP because it doesn't harm your own units but deliciously so.
  10. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

I love the titans, particularly the supertank, but also the optimisation. I can now play fairly large games with everything maxed even supersampling!!
    I also loved the trailer.
    Awesome work guys.
  11. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

As I doing much of the work in orbital in ShareArmyGames I love the new additions to the orbital layer the most. They make it both more interesting to conquer as well as to defend Gas Giants1

On the other layers my favorite new Unit probably is the Angel Air Support Platform, as that one makes setting up defenses much more controllable, while my favorite new feature is the improved wreckage!
  12. xankar

xankar Post Master General

All the new cheese's
    Simply exquisite!
  13. ecervele

ecervele Member

The new units are awesome.
    I find the titans really OP but gigantic robots are necessarily OP... :D
    I NEED MOAR!!!
    [​IMG]
  14. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

my favorite feature is the new terrain stuff, you can actually build on the high ground now
  15. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

I'll let you know when support gets through their queue to me...