Why must people who paid by Early Access 90 till 40 Euros , pay for Titans 13 Euros ?

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by starsauron, August 23, 2015.

?

Is it fair if Early Access get the game free ?

1. No, the discount is fair. 13 Euros is OK for this "Addon"

56 vote(s)
    70.9%
  2. Yes , for EA who pay 90 Euros.

16 vote(s)
    20.3%
  3. Yes , for EA who pay 60 Euros.

11 vote(s)
    13.9%
  4. Yes , for EA who pay 40 Euros.

6 vote(s)
    7.6%
  5. Yes , for All EA.

8 vote(s)
    10.1%
  6. Yes for all owners , after EA, who own the game PA.

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

2. probodobodyne

probodobodyne Active Member

He means disabling nukes and then some guy responded by saying it may not be possible when unit selector has been around for ages.
    igncom1 likes this.
  3. Geers

Geers Post Master General

He means disabling nukes so you can't build them during that game.

I think.

EDIT:
    OH YOU BLOODY NINJA!
    igncom1 likes this.
  4. tommybananas

tommybananas Active Member

Do you have any idea how much more money was avaliable for Sup Coms and FA's development?
    Uber have created all this with a fraction of the money and combined man hours that went in to Supcom.
    Sure its had a rocky road but your basically demanding why if a Ferrari engineer quits making super cars and goes on to personally develop and build a car inspired by them with a fraction of the budget that it isnt a Ferrari.
    Theyv'e said if you look at and of codacolins jables question posts that they would love to do a proper campaign, how ever the only thing thats stops them is there sheer cost of creating one.
    Stop bashing a game thats not living up to your requirments for a AAA funded game and just look at what they've given us on their budget...
    a well rounded game (few balance adjustments are going to be ineveitable with changing meta), and an incredible ui system (area build commands are awesome). + titans are pretty sick
    maxcomander likes this.
  5. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Well they have a supporter in me for they're next project, although given the attitude of many I'd be surprised if uber went to kickstarter again. Most companies that have gone that way have been burned by their own communities. Star citizen is experiencing some of this. The haters love to sink their teeth in at the first sign of things not going 100% perfectly.

Hr had a few issues that prevented it succeeding. Part of it was simply the fact it didn't have the nostalgia factor PA did (most successful higher target ks projects are based on a classic game). Secondly a group of people went on a massive campaign to sink it due to them believing uber would abandon PA, resulting in the layoffs of about half the studio (the half that would have worked on the new game).

Still despite all that the initial launch of the kickstarter went well, they definitely have still got lots of supporters. Some of us understand that making this stuff isn't easy and developers have a right to be paid fairly for their work.

PA was finished if you compare it against its goals, to say otherwise is simply wrong. Some people assumed it should have x feature or y unit because 'game z did this', however uber can't be held accountable to every players unfounded expectations or wishes.
    probodobodyne and tommybananas like this.
  6. lordreynolds

lordreynolds New Member

And EA funded the game development further in, you elitist.

People bought they game. They all are customers. Treating your customers unequally will backfire every time.

You are dead wrong if you thing your argument will EVER serve to soothe this sort of anger. Why you keep calling customers unimportant is beyond me.
    cmdandy and Elate like this.
  7. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Loyalty programs have been a thing for a long long time. And a 66% discount is still a pretty damn good discount.
    igncom1 likes this.
  8. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

Uber is doing what they can and are made to do, they make game and update it. They are not a service, and you are not subscribing for it. Nobody promised you anything for free, and you have product you bought and it still will be updated. Uber giving away anything is a gift for backers and nothing else.

Do you really think Uber has money to give away expansion for free to everyone? And sorry to say that, but everybody is not the same, and life is not fair. Backers are in better position because of couple reasons, and you cant do anything about that.
  9. Matster

Matster Active Member

Hm, while I respect Uber for continous support on PA they are, to be fair, hardly the only developer that does that. For example Arcen games with Ai War 6 years after release continously updates the game + new content is expected next year (aka dlc).
  10. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

guys must I remember you again not to go down the road of "backers are more important than early access buyers"?
    Nothing good will come out of this. Stop it. Every $ that somebody paid for PA was important.
    cmdandy, Elate, aevs and 4 others like this.
  11. Bsport

Bsport Well-Known Member

**** wheres my 66% discount on the iphone 6s?, i brought a iphone 6 its disgusting i dont get a iphone 6s for free
  12. Elate

Elate Active Member

Because real life products that you can sell to get back some of the price are completely comparable to digital products.
  13. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

Ya, $13 dollars is not that much, I found an old Lego batman Mr. Freeze on Ebay for more then that. And that is for one minifig.

but, no. I think Uber has come up with a good way of "selling" titans to us. Give it to those who have supported the game since the concept was released on kick-starter and make it really cheap for those who bought the game at release.
  14. starsauron

starsauron Member

How many people did support this again with 90 Euros ?
    Its more than the double price the game is worth.
    A supporter who payed so much money, deserves special treatment.

OK real live products compare.
    So you have a company and it did bag by you for money to make toys. OK people did support this.
    So they made a Teddy bear, and now same Teddy bear just with a hat for 13 euros.
    So why not give free hats for people who supported this with much money ?

It's a small amount of people anyway, that did really support with full heart the product by 90 Euros.

In opinion of many people, uber did lost their dignity, with this greedy customer policy.
    How shall people, trust a company again, that does treat customers this way ?
  15. Bsport

Bsport Well-Known Member

So an interesting question then, by your own logic iphones should just be sold at cost. parts, manufacture and distribution. nothing else?

TLDR.. you want cheap stuff.
  16. Elate

Elate Active Member

Where on earth did you pluck that insane concept from? I have litterally not mentioned anything to that affect, simply that you can sell iphones. Stop looking for a fight.
  17. Bsport

Bsport Well-Known Member

answer the question. Do you think an iphone should be sold at cost, because well you brought the iphone 6, supported the company and its now just iphone 6s, looks the same, but has new improvements.
  18. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

If the Kickstarter budget was $3.2 million instead of 2.2, I vote all EA backers should get it for free.

But since it's not, I voted the discount is fair.
  19. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

i wouldn't even if it were 10
  20. Elate

Elate Active Member

Depends, do you think Apple should give people that preordered the iphone 6 a free iphone 6s? Argument works both ways babe.