TotalBiscuit on PA: Titans

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by Geers, August 23, 2015.

1. Geers

Geers Post Master General

In case anyone is curious:

tbontitans.jpg

I'm hoping he does a full video on it. And that he does his research. I don't think he will do a video though but it'd be nice to have someone level-headed talk about the game, wouldn't it?

inb4 TB hate.
    meir22344, squishypon3, Nicb1 and 8 others like this.
  2. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

Lets remember that TB is a Starcraft 2 player and caster. He is really into "that" kind of RTS, and probably is not good at PA or other symilar like SupCom. He might get frustrated when playing :p
  3. radimentrix

radimentrix New Member

would be cool to see a vid from him about it. and it shouldn't be too hard for him to have a nice AI-game or maybe a private match against jesse ^^
  4. Geers

The thing is, MGS:V is coming out in a little over a week and he's probably got a ton of other indie games sitting in his in-tray. And from his tweet I'd wager he's not that interested. I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong. But I'm not expecting anything really.
  5. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

If anyone sees him in game, dont be mean and help :p But probably like all people he will play singleplayer, and that is lame.
  6. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

As John Bain/ TotalBiscuit is well-known for having a very differentiated opinion and sees many things lots more calm than more of the "ragy"type of people, but maybe tend to miss some parts of games it would be no big loss if he does a video on titans BUT can be a huge benefit if he manages to see all good stuff in there. Somebody should tell him that Share Army is the game mode he has to play, and not with randoms but with premates!
    stuart98 likes this.
  7. radimentrix

radimentrix New Member

why share army? and of course not with randoms. premades are in probably every online game the way to go
  8. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

Because share army is the mode this game is optimized on, the mode that was so well done StarCraft II now adapts it with Archon Mode, the mode that made the prerelease and release versions of the game worthy to play despite the issues, the mode that helps folks like me with not competitive APM to still manage to win games due to big strategic decisions that wouldn´t/ aren´t possible if you play just nonshared team army games.
    It´s the most ground-breaking achievment of PA that two things simply work: 3D-Maps and Share Army!
    It´s not like you´ll have to explain people tons of things you cannot do like "oh sorry, but if Team Partner Two finshes up the gate Team Partner One started construting but than abandoned, it got the colour of Team Partner One but neither One or Two can link it up" or such stuff. It simply works off, it´s easy to get how it works and it´s easy to get benefit of it, but still hard to master.
    It stresses teamwork, big-thinking strategies, it makes it possible for a team to loose a commander without loosing a player, and it suits very well the general big style of PA, as it gives you a good ways to control huge armies in a very differenciated way and so on...

It´s just the most well-crafted part of PA and---well, I probably wouldn´t play PA anymore if it wasn´t in there! Praise to Uber for designing such an awesome mode!
    cptconundrum likes this.
  9. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Uh......no? As he said in the tweet, it was a game he backed the KS for and he backed it because he was a huge fan of TA and eventually SupCom. The only reason he didn't do a video on PA at release (arguably to PA's benefit given it's state at launch) was due to him being in the middle of his fight with cancer, not because he wasn't a fan. I even recall him saying (either during one of the Co-Op Podcasts or one on of his Vlog/Discussion vids) that he has played it some with members from his SC2 team(or at leas the leader perhaps?).

I'm curious to see if he does a video because I've found that his opinions tend to parallel my own more often than not and I'm curious to see what his thoughts are. If he ends up diving deeper beyond something doing a 'WTF Is' it'd be interesting to see what he makes of of the whole situation with PA and PA:T.

Mike
  10. Geers

He might do one of those Masterclass Theatre thingies on Soundcloud if not a video.
    mered4 likes this.
  11. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I'd like to see his take, but more than that, I'd love to see if his involvement will catalyze the Youtube gaming community to at least give PAT a fair shake. So far all I've seen is a bunch of diehards who love the game *cough* Marshall YEAHHHH *cough* and everyone else dipping their toes in but never sticking around for long.
    PhoneySpring646 and stuart98 like this.
  12. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

Well, ok, I might say some stupid stuff.

Anyway I rarely see any reviewer that play or behave like a top player and know RTS like this good. It's just disapointing for me. I bet he will review singleplayer Galactic Campaign and never touch proper multiplayer, or play any good, using units how they should be used, and not turtle.
  13. Geers

TB knows the difference between a bad game and a game he's bad at.
    cwarner7264, radongog, xankar and 7 others like this.
  14. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I'm curious, EA issues aside, what you make of Titans (if you've had chance to give it a go)?

I know you've had issues with Uber, however from my view point I would have thought this has added much of what many deemed missing to the game.
  15. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Yeah I generally find TB to be reasonable.
  16. KNight

It's certainly something I've been thinking about, I'm just not sure if it's worth my time you know? I know Uber doesn't care for my opinion anymore and the community hasn't really all that receptive towards my discussion topics since before release.

*shrug* I dunno, I might do it just for the "cathartic" element of writing it out, we'll see.

Mike
  17. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Why would our opinions matter to you?
  18. KNight

I never commented about the communities opinions mattering to each other. I said that UBER doesn't care for MY opinion and that when I'm involved I've found it hard to get any real discussion going on a topic. I'm okay having a good discussion about any number of topics even if Uber doesn't care about what I think.

It's two separate things man.

Mike
    Last edited: August 23, 2015
    stuart98 likes this.
  19. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

pretty sure you're just imagining that part ;)
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  20. KNight

Look, I really don't want to get dragged into this topic here(or anywhere really) but no, I'm really not.

Mike
    stuart98 likes this.