Naval titan? NAVAL TITAN?!

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by komandorcliff, August 22, 2015.

?

NAVAL TITAN?!

1. Yes, with ability to teleport naval between planets

53.1%
  2. Yes

34.4%
  3. No

6.3%
  4. Wat?

6.3%
  1. komandorcliff

komandorcliff Member

We have 5 titans and 6 distinct types of units

Buildings - Ragnarok
    Air - Zeus
    Bot - Atlas
    Vehicle - Ares
    Oribital - Helios
    Naval - ?!

what the hell? why the hell? why? for what reason? WHY?

And for that matter, naval titan should preferably be able to link with another naval titan, and teleport naval between them, if naval teleporter is deemed so op then naval titan priced teleporter will certainly solve that issue (im thinking of submersible supreme commander tempest-like openable dome, with portal inside, and red alert gigafortress like armament, with ton of hp, and maybe with one use very slowly reloadable antinuke, because why not?!)

Oh, its also obviously going to be named Poseidon
    wilhelmvx and PhoneySpring646 like this.
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I'd like a unit that creates tsunamis ;)
    Tomasina, Remy561 and PhoneySpring646 like this.
  3. komandorcliff

komandorcliff Member

[​IMG]
    wilhelmvx and stuart98 like this.
  4. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

ares being a hovercraft is kinda both
    temeter likes this.
  5. amphok

amphok Member

i would like a better orbital titan, a massive fortress, a real battleship not that tiny thing called omega
    huangth likes this.
  6. billthebluebot

billthebluebot Active Member

the naval titan should totally be a huge submarine that fires tactical nukes that it builds like a unit cannon, that have somewhat awful aim.
  7. stevenrs11

stevenrs11 Active Member

Totally agree. Builds up and fires a spread of smaller, low level nukes with infinite range. Could balance with accuracy, build time/cost, and what intercepts them.
  8. probodobodyne

probodobodyne Active Member

Quoting myself and Jables from the 3-questions log, I'd wager there is a good chance we'll get them on our naval fabricators. I think a naval-only titan would be far too restrictive.

On the topic of naval teleportation, I used to be for it until I realized that naval units are far stronger than land units and the advantage of not being able to teleport them is that your enemy can't do the same. If you think your naval factories become useless once there are no enemies left on the planet, you can just build Stingrays. They can attack orbital units and that is the only way the enemy is coming back. It would be pretty OP if you could teleport Leviathans, Narwhals or Typhoons to a pond near the enemy on a planet where they thought they were safe, such vehicle rushes are often lethal unless you have your army guarding your commander at all times. If it were with naval units, you'd have to build a sizable navy on an otherwise insignificant pond with no utility other than trying to counter this new, unnecessary mechanic.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  9. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

The only exception to your EXCELLENT point is the hover boat. They will be able to teleport through normal teleporters in the next patch.
  10. probodobodyne

I haven't seen them in action much but considering Kaijus cost 1500 and were probably balanced with their dual role in mind, I doubt they would overpower T2 units. Plus, they can still only be teleported to land, and what tactical advantage is there to moving over to sea where the enemy hasn't built up if they are alone on the planet you are invading? If they have, Kaijus will probably be overpowered by the enemy forces (just to clarify, they won't be overpowered themselves, ugh, English), and even if you go over water (or lava, hey I'd like to see Kaijus over lava) to flank, there will be no anti-air to accompany them.

A very similar unit from another game is the Assault Destroyer from Red Alert 3, which when on the ground acted as the heaviest tank of the faction while not being overpowered at all due to the cost; the Kaiju is very similar in that it is probably going to overpower Levelers in 1v1 but not per cost.
    stuart98 and mered4 like this.
  11. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

That would be awesome!
    maxcomander and tunsel11 like this.
  12. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Uhh, the omega is not the orbital titan, the helios is... and it's a massive fortress/mobile teleporter...
    mered4 likes this.
  13. amphok

amphok Member

yeah i know but it's not really a combat titan it's more for support, i would like to see a giant battleship for orbital titan, much bigger than the omega
  14. Mirolog

Mirolog Well-Known Member

So you have virtually invincibe orbital battleship? You always can just send it back to your planet to repair. It will to OP. Even if it won't attack ground.
  15. amphok

amphok Member

you can always balance it, for example you can make it really slow and leave the "attack on everythign" which make more sense, it was one of my dream to have an RTS with giant space battleship :D
  16. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

Well, I would know a reason why both Naval and Orbital shouldn´t be able to build them on water: The hover-part of the titan has to be functionary BEFORE it can let the thing hover---and at the start of the construction, that´s not the case! :D
    Last edited: August 23, 2015
  17. probodobodyne

All and well until you realize Orbitals can build them over water. And that Atlas doesn't hover to begin with.
  18. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

I highlighted something in my previous post, it should be now more obvious that I haven´t missed that part!
  19. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

heh. I don't think you realize what you are asking, bro. Really. Lol.
  20. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

The aircraft carrier seem very much like a naval titan.