Commander is to vulerable...

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by stylisticsagittarius, August 22, 2015.

1. stylisticsagittarius

stylisticsagittarius Active Member

With al the new units and before also i think the commander is to weak.

Off course he whould certainly not be a supperunit be he goes down very very very quikly now...

perhaps an increase in hp or perhaps walk a bit faster.

Maybe it is an idea to place your commander inside an atlas titan andor an ares titan to protect him a bit better against late game sniping tactics.
    huangth likes this.
  2. mgmetal13

mgmetal13 Active Member

I agree, the commander could really use a health buff.
  3. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

/Agree.

While playing with T1 stuff the commander is okish, but as soon as T2 is out you can't even have it on the edge of your base. Being able to put the commander inside a Titan is a cool idea.
    huangth likes this.
  4. Mirolog

Mirolog Well-Known Member

This. Not much of a difference actually, commander can eat 1 nuke, Ares can eat 2. But it defend itself much better.
  5. burntcustard

Nukes do 0.25 (or 0.33? Can't remember) damage to commanders, not a good way of measuring damage ;)
  6. Mirolog

Mirolog Well-Known Member

I know than, but nukes is/was popular way of killing comms.
  7. burntcustard

Not in competitive games ^^ More scared of basically any T2 unit, laser towers (ever tried to charge a pair of double laser towers? Ouchy), and even Grenadiers personally :/
  8. huangth

huangth Active Member

I agree with you, the commander is ok in T1, too weak in T2.

Here is some ideas:
    1. commander upgrade: personal shield
    2. commander upgrade: hp buff
    3. commander upgrade: vision stealth
    4. make the titan as a transport unit, so player can put the commander inside it.
    5. decoy commander
    6. backup commander
  9. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Competitive players who put their comms on the edge of their base make me laugh. I mean, why take the risk? I don't understand. It's a MASSIVE risk to be out beyond the 5 minute mark.

T2 is exceptionally powerful, but that's what proxy commanders are for. The commander gets a bunch of high powered bodyguards with hella build power. They're also really tanky.

The commander is your king - the days of comm rushing the enemy base died with the birth of boom bots. Treat him with respect and care. You might lose, otherwise.
  10. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

well tbh the glory days of the boombots are gone aswell. as sparks and dox destroy them. But truth is putting your comm on the edge is asking for some sort of snipe.
  11. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Not in GW however, they still decimate commanders in rushes.

And to be fair, suicide units are hard to use in general due to them only being useful one time.

But oh man, booms can still wreck face however if one gets into your line of support bots they will annihilate them!

They make great supports for the rest of the army, as the troops draw the main fire the booms sweep in and blow large chunks out of the enemy forces and bases.
  12. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

Ohw ofcourse. when they hit they still rek face. Problem is they now have more counters than ever and not to shabby counters at that. A Spark can with a perfect hit take out 8 to 10 Boombots. however they never have a perfect hit so lets say they take out on average 4 boombots each shot due to their aoe. When you scout a single boombot where ever on the map, your first priority is to put a couple of dox and sparks around your com and you good to go again.

But I have to agree GW is totally different and i think you can win with a boombot only strat without too much trouble :p
    mered4 likes this.
  13. LeadfootSlim

LeadfootSlim Well-Known Member

Boom-bots can still be valuable against structures, though the list of structures that warrant a suicide attack is small; T2 factories, orbital factories, and... defenses? Maybe?

I'm fine with Commanders having no protections beyond what is built, but I'd like to see the meta evolve a bit before we make any new cries for commander buffs.
  14. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I dunno about that, people still **** up their positioning while under pressure all the time :)