Absolute and Universal Composite Steam Review of Truth [help me damnit]

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by komandorcliff, August 21, 2015.

1. komandorcliff

komandorcliff Member

So i got sick of all those negative reviews and apparent cult of hate around the game, Me, guy not really active on forums, you probably dont remember my few suggestions i made long time ago, time to change that

i decided to write a (very) lengthy review with purpose of explaining entire controversy behind titans and easing that goddamn hate cult (im suprised nobody else did it), im open to suggestions what to add next, what to change and what to rewrite, but my review is not going to do anything but become forgotten in the depths of steam store page without help, and so im asking for help, as much as possible

Please take note my primary language is not english (im from poland) and im still learning it, there WILL be bad grammahz and teh nott gud wordinz and other errorz

Please also to take second note that im not person that like to be in center of attention, very shy, and im going to regret that idea for at least few weeks form now (im goddamn shaking already, why did i do this again?) so go easy on me plz

Here i shall post both link to review and original draft, and metrarch help me if i broke any forum rules by posting this

http://steamcommunity.com/id/nadarith/recommended/386070

WARNING WALL OF TEXT BEGINS

Planetary anihhilation was how much, 27$ before uber took it down? PA Titans has a timed 66% discount for those that had PA before Titans release, and considering PA Classic is built into Titans this gets us a dlc/expansion with price tag everywhere from 10 to 14$

Discount is timed due to STEAM and their weird discount system, imagine a 35% sale going on with everyone that had PA before and their 66% discount added in, what does this give? 101% discount, contrary to popular opinion this would make it unable to buy game at all, which doesnt matter because discount is timed for 2 months and HYPE is everywhere, it would take special kind of people to miss it

[NEW PARAGRAPH] As for why it was released with its own store page, Classic PA taken down, and new players can only buy titans? its a rather radical move to minimalise community split as much as possible, its also here to delete all previous steam reviews and refresh opinion of the game (thats why its not addon nor upgrade) reason for that? ridiculous ammount of negative reviews that bash game for not having things like save and load, never ever updated to accomodate new patches, things like that spread misinformation like forest fire in australia after dry season and give game a bad name thats completely undeserved (im not even going to mention reviews that bash game for being on sphere, what the hell is this, flat earth society? how is that even an argument?!)

Its also evident how much titans add to the game, 5 titans, 3 air units, 3 naval units, 3 new vechicles, 3 bots, 3 oribitals and 1 building (theres also that drone that carriers spit out, which is controllable and hence new unit) do the math, how much does that give?! 21 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ units, all of those masterfully crafted and have their own roles and counters, to all those that its the same pa it was before, WRONG, game plays completely different and all classic strategies got thrown to the trash!

Considering its actualy ~12$ dlc it ads way more than "big" industries tend to give, and dont give me starcraft as example, pa doesnt have factions, which is actualy a good thing, and uber never had money to get those in game anyway

People also tend to say that classic pa got abandoned and you need to buy titans to get bug fixes, i dont know if those people are inherent trolls or simply stupid but prehaps you missed a 1 GB WORTH OF UPDATE to classic PA, which contains new ui, remade alerts, massive ammount of polish and bug fixes, dozens of voice alerts and some units were remade in their behaviour, which means the only thing titans got that classic doesnt have is 21 units and multi level terrain, and im not sure of the latter

Similarly all future content patches are going to be distributed both to titans and classic, which may or may not mean that even when they add new units to the game classic will also get them, only sure exceptions are new titan units that can get to the game via patches (game lacks naval titan, supreme commander tempest anyone?)

Thing that angered people most obviously was giving titans for free to kickstarter backers, while i understand the sentiment, early access buyers were no less important, especialy that were was nearly 500k (contrast 45k number of backers) of them or even more, dont let those fools that say "its your fault that you got 90$ alpha, nobody told you to do so and you could wait" get to your head, you were just as, if not more, important in shaping that game

But finances trump sentiments, because universe is a harsh and uncaring place, and so giving everyone that got alpha for 90$ expansion for free would completely break uber finances, loss would be unnaceptable, not to mention giving it for free for those that got beta (extending it to gamma buyers would be complete and irreversible suicide)

Most reasonable would be giving expansion for free to cosmic edition backers (250$) but even that is debatable, personaly i would not give expansion for free for anyone but 1000$+ backers and raise discount to 70% (75% also could be a suicide, tot small ammount of money)

Thank you or not, spaceships, hovercraft, titans and multi level gameplay were never promised at all, not even in kickstarter

[NEW PARAGRAPH] You may ask why uber ever needs money, why they bothered in releasing this expansion in the first place? surely they are shameless cashgrabs and im a fanboy you might say, well gues what, DEVS NEED TO EAT TOO, multiple times they admited that money is running short, what would be better, releasing titans or abandoning a PA year later or risk bankruptcy? if the latter is your answer then save yourself trouble and dont even bother replying, because thats just disgusting

And for those that have issues like crashes or things, go to uberforums and post your issue in support section, you would be suprised how helpfull they are

Final note to that weird cult of haters and other chaos heretics around that game, creating private accounts to buy PA, write a review, spend half a hour in game to create illusion you did something, and then refund it? thats lower than low, Shame on you

WARNING WALL OF TEXT ENDS

please dont shoot me...
    Last edited: August 21, 2015
    xankar, ecervele, felipec and 19 others like this.
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

You get my likes.
  3. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Yes everyone, upvote it and hope that the horde of downvote trolls, goblins, and orcs doesn't strike it.
  4. komandorcliff

komandorcliff Member

DAMNIT, review exists 25 minutes and i already got 1 downvote

Are trolls omniscient or what?
  5. nizoox

nizoox New Member

Because of such terms "trolls, goblins, and orcs" and a call to upvote/downvote - like from stuart - on both sides (steam/uber) there is a split in fanbase. But all here say no, there is no split. I mean all always talking about "the steam user/forums" and on steam side all always talking about "the uber forums/fanboys"
  6. komandorcliff

komandorcliff Member

I never said that community isnt split, and as i said, first negative downvote happened 25 minutes after i posted the review, my review should still be on the absolute bottom of steam store, it implies somebody is playing search and downvote, and that behavious is deffinetly trollish

Edit: wait, its gone, did somebody just clicked no by accident from uber forum? what a relief... (1+ to Faith in Humanity)
  7. stuart98

I don't see any negative downvotes?

I don't see any negative upvotes or positive downvotes either.
  8. nizoox

nizoox New Member

When you know that there are trolls, why you make now an review? why you not wait 2 weeks?
  9. stuart98

There's no rule against deleting reviews and reposting them to get a clean slate on upvotes/downvotes AFAIK.
  10. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

okay now stop guessing who made a vote by the minute please. No need to stir the flames like that.
    squishypon3 and mered4 like this.
  11. komandorcliff

komandorcliff Member

EDIT, Read edit damnit, its gone, somebody propably missclicked, i need to stop rushing to conclusions, Sorry
    stuart98 likes this.
  12. thedean

thedean New Member

I'm an early access backer and I haven't had a chance to buy titans. I literally can't right now. Buying PA at the time was a huge investment that was very difficult for me to make but I absolutely love RTS and PA is an amazing entry in the genre. I give infinitely praise Uber to all my friends and urged them to try the game out, and through my constant praise I was able to convince most of them, and they never regretted it.

I absolutely agree with the OP but one thing really ticks me off. Why is Uber not saying anything? Not only did they give no warning about the expansion, they even put PA on a 66% off for 2 days before release of Titans. This to me seems very cheap as they might've lured someone in on buying what is now essentially an obsolete game. Yes they now have titans for 66% off but that's not what they wanted.

Anyway, I just want Uber to just plain say something, anything, reassure the steam users that there really was no other way, that they did not want to discredit early access buyers, that they didn't want to create this massive divide, that you couldn't predict such a negative response, acknowledge that you made a mistake and are sorry.

I trust the gaming community will lower a few pitchforks if you do that.
    Last edited: August 21, 2015
  13. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Considering you say the base game was fun already (I SOOOO agree), why would it be obsolete suddenly?
    It's still a working game. Not only that but these people are not entitled to a cheap upgrade to titans, paying less than 25€ for everything.
  14. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

15. thedean

thedean New Member

I guess if the person in question is only interested in the singleplayer aspect, then they have no issue (like me personaly, love galactic war). But it is inevitable that the vanilla multiplayer scene will dissipate.

I can't say these count as they're buried in random topics, they need to make a big statement.
    Elate likes this.
  16. komandorcliff

komandorcliff Member

Added 2 more paragraphs to the review, something i forgot but its just as important as the rest
    thedean likes this.
  17. thedean

thedean New Member

Don't worry, we're in the same boat, and your english is more legible that most of the stuff other people participating in the discussions have shown.
    dom314 and komandorcliff like this.
  18. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

Might want to clarify this bit. 'Content patches' usually sounds like units and things like that. As far as I know, there won't be any new content added to PA in terms of units, only bug fixes, performance, and AI improvements. Otherwise, really well done!
  19. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Jables has been spamming all the non-troll threads with relevant info for a few days now. Not sure what you mean by not saying anything - you just gotta look :D
  20. thedean

thedean New Member

As I already said, this needs to be a big statement under a big spotlight. Not some random posts that people need to dig through threads to find. It needs to be put up there for everyone to see, even the low-life who thrives on spamming in the flame threads.