1. sn0wy0bject

sn0wy0bject New Member

okay, so i typed overpowered in the search function according to the community every class is overpowered. i saw a thread for almost every class except the assault and im not sure if i saw a tank one... there were 13 pages, forgive me if im missing one. e.e

you know what that makes the game? BALANCED. the reason you guys think that specific class is overpowered is cause youre combating it the wrong way or using a class that is bad against that certain "overpowered" class

think about it, any class can kill any class if it fights the right way.
  2. Kyou Kizu

Kyou Kizu New Member

I think I love you.

Seriously, it's one of the many things that make this game so awesome! Everyone feels like a super hero, 'cause all the classes are insanely powerful.. Evenly powerful.

It just comes down to skill. :)
  3. ComedyFish

ComedyFish New Member

Agreed. If ever class is OP that make's it fine. :lol:
  4. MLG Rysha

MLG Rysha New Member

Yeah, every class is OP so that makes it balanced. Gunners do ungodly damage to everything and just murder everyone, until they run into a OP firebase with an OP support healing it.
  5. Hiero Glyph

Hiero Glyph New Member

I agree that everything seems balanced. There are a few things that need some tweaking but nothing major that needs to be changed.
  6. Soulfire

Soulfire New Member

disagree

see: blazblue calamity trigger.
  7. Kyou Kizu

Kyou Kizu New Member

Haven't played the game, but I'm fairly sure the principle translates poorly between a 2D fighter and a Third-person shooter. :/
  8. Imsoooometal

Imsoooometal New Member

Why does John Freeman look so much like Hugh Laurie?

Topic derailed.
  9. Hiero Glyph

Hiero Glyph New Member

The point is that a game can still be balanced even if the damage scale is too strong. I do not think that the damage is overpowered though.
  10. Turnip

Turnip New Member

No way, I think support hurt beam needs a de-buff, or perhaps be removed. I mean take a page from TF2, the medic is weak. I think the down time of switching to the shotgun (Which is plenty powerful.) is his weakness for being a firebase tanker. The hurt beam steals HP and has auto-aim. Waaaayyy to strong.(I play sniper or support, so don't think im an assassin.)

The gunners bullets could do less damage, because he shoots so fast. (Again, im a sniper, so its not like I have much problems with him.)
  11. Gomahetsuha

Gomahetsuha New Member

Thanks a lot for your post. I play Support, get my *** kicked, and love it.
  12. Tawpgun

Tawpgun New Member

Personally, I think the gunner should have fall off damage, and the sniper needs a huge buff. You claim every class is powerful... clearly you haven't played as sniper.
  13. intelekt

intelekt New Member

If you think snipers are not powerful.. you are apparently unable to headshot.. the 1 shot kill ANY class... The gunner can be one shotted by both the sniper and the Assassin...

Also the gunner's damage does have falloff.. if you feel that you are being shot from far away, you might be up against a custom class where the gunner has accuracy as their gold endorsement... this makes them very dangerous, but still a sniper can quickly pop out from behind a wal and one shot you while you are moving slow due to firing your weapon...

The support class beam is not that strong.. nor is the firebase..

I think people saying the game is unbalanced are right, they do not have enough skill to play well, so in terms of other players being better than you, every game is unbalanced.. buy a Wii and BOWL... you will win eventually... otherwise, get better and stop blaming the people who made a great BALANCED game.

The game is balanced.. this discussion is getting old...
  14. AssassinsGoneWild

AssassinsGoneWild New Member

Making the support unable to kill anything would take away his appeal, although I'm definetly with you on that the hurt beam shouldn't lock on to you, but I haven't noticed it being nearly as lethal as the shotgun at that range so it can't be OP. Main thing that bugs me is the locking on part, it's not that hard to aim in a console shooter anyway.
  15. sn0wy0bject

sn0wy0bject New Member

i have, got an ultra streak. not camping either. traps+headshot and/or traps+grapple. or even traps+flak. i was using a custom class though. that might be part of it.

EDIT
    just got dominated by a sniper going 30-4.
    Last edited: August 14, 2010
  16. Necroscourge

Necroscourge New Member

The Heal/Hurt gun is fine. It locks on so the support can easily heal his teammates. Just be glad that Free Kills (Those cloaking dudes) can;t be locked on when cloaked or there would really be a issue.
  17. nyx

nyx Moderator Alumni

I was considering mentioning something similar to this very topic in another thread. If all of the classes are OP, then the balance is good. I agree it really is skill. I've seen Neutrino do things with the Assault that I have tried to copy, and just freaking can't. ShadowStorm is scary good, never in my life could I hope to be remotely that good with a shooter.

Also, I was thinking of the classes being OP. What you have is a dev team that absolutely loves video games making a game that they didn't have someone else breathing down their necks with "suggestions". Of course all the classes are OP. Imagine what you would have armed and geared up a class with if you could create one to fit within the parameters of this Monday Night Combat world. Let's give it good weapons, amazing skills, humor and then the ability to upgrade skills (of course after killing things) and make it even more awesome? What do you get?

MNC awesomeness.
  18. ptcMalice

ptcMalice New Member

But wait, what's that?
    It's an OP assassin using her OP assassinate.
  19. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell New Member

Wasn't there a thread where the guy complained ALL classes were overpowered?
  20. oneDRTYrusn

oneDRTYrusn New Member

I think most of you are missing the humor in the original post...