Yes, I'm (semi)ranting about Titans...

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by vaaish, August 20, 2015.

1. maskedcrash

maskedcrash Active Member

Statement- some people including myself, believe the base game is unfinished as is. Uber has not been the best judge of completion (The 1.0 'release' of PA comes to mind) and while Certain things like titans and new units are prime expansion material, here's what's NOT prime expansion material- Balance!
    There's also Bots/Vehicles differentiation, orbital being barebones, and very boring terrain, and NONE of this is coming to PA. (Confirmed by Developer, I can link to it if you wanna.)

People want Uber to polish the main game. It still feels like it's in EA.
    Planktum likes this.
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

They can't bring the balance over though- it's impossible.. the balance of PA:T would be broken without the new units.

When balance is complete is arbitrary, there is no such thing as perfect balance for everyone.
  3. tbacav

tbacav Member

Balance is something that could be better handled by the community anyway. Proper first class mod support.

Some terrain improvements are in PA which is a good move by Uber:
    csg.png
  4. tbacav

tbacav Member

Clear patch notes for the build alongside TITANS would have been a real help.
    lautre and maskedcrash like this.
  5. probodobodyne

probodobodyne Active Member

The problem with orbital is that vPA was never supposed to have an elaborate orbital system. 100 Avengers a-move really was supposed to be the extent of it. PA:T is a different beast, it's a change in design.
  6. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

The thing that you failed to mention is that although you still have your base car, 90% of the roads have been removed for you because 90% of the current players have stopped playing PA and there will be no new players.

So basically, if for some reason you can't afford the £10, you might as well throw the game in the bin because there will be nobody to play with.

When the next expansion comes out, it will be the same story again.

Saying that though, I still think they did the right thing. Better this than Human Resources or a 'medieval' version of the game that nobody likes.
  7. probodobodyne

probodobodyne Active Member

Make a few friends, get them to play vPA with you. Or just eat one less pizza this month.
  8. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

What, make friends and get them to buy PA instead of Titans? That doesn't add up.

The problem with playing with friends is everyone has a different involvement with the game. I tried to play with friends when it first came out but I absolutely battered them.
  9. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

oh yeah that problem is real :s